Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #136
Kisxela
Kisxela began at the beginning.

Device: Asus-A696, Cool-er, Hanlin V5
My cooler works well without any problems until now. Only one problem that the ereader doesn't know Unicode. It is strange because before I ordered it I sent them a hungarian text, and they sent me a scanned image of the display the hungarian text on it and it was fine. Now my cooler shows chinese letters or '?' instead of hungarian letters. So I am waiting for a software update as well.
Kisxela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #137
mr.ninja13
mr.ninja13 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I can also confirm that interead have a fairly responsive tech support. I was even called by the tech support manager to try to solve my authorisation problem. Being in UK might have helped, though.

However, it also seems to me that all the firmware side is dealt by Netronix, as I felt like the support didn't know their firmware well enough: in my case, for instance, ADE gave me an error message complaining about the length of a "fingerprint". I found a "fingerprint" value in a file that was in a hidden ".adobe-digital-edition" folder, and when I pointed out that the problem might have been there, they felt a bit clueless, even on the existance of said file.

My issue has been happily solved, anyway, thanks to a guy in the Adobe forums.

But in the end, yes, I agree that the cool-er tech support is quite quick to answer and willing to try solve the customers issues, albeit with mixed success.

Paolo
mr.ninja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #138
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
got my replacement

Well I was amazed to discover that my new cool-er arrived this morning! They just emailed me yesterday and it was already here! The new one is working fine currently, and will hopefully continue to do so!

I give their support an A+ for quick turn around time and good communication.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 AM   #139
crill
crill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheesecrill can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Can you tell us the details of returning the broken cool-er back to them? Do you just have to ship it on back?
crill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 AM   #140
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by crill View Post
Can you tell us the details of returning the broken cool-er back to them? Do you just have to ship it on back?
I also had to return mine (a hardware problem). I got a new one ultrafast and my old one was taken by DHL (no cost for me). I also have to stress that the support was very very helpful and really fast.

I just had a short five days vacation and I took my (new) Cool-ER with me. This was a very pleasant experience and the battery life is just awesome!

I constantly read german books and I never had a problem with the recognition of the special characters. I would love to have a firmware update just because the difference between the smallest and the second smallest font size is just too big!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #141
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not have the ePub specify the font size to what you want?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 AM   #142
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not have the ePub specify the font size to what you want?
Of course I could do that, Jon, but when I make the font size bigger or smaller in the book, it will be wrong for all the other hardware I want to read the ePub on.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #143
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crill View Post
I emailed them about the problem on Saturday, they responded first thing the following Monday morning indicating that they would be shipping me a new cool-er and arranging for the pickup of the broken one. I got a confirmation email from DHL so I could set up a pick up time for the broken one.

I expected to get my cool-er after they recieved my old one, but bright and early Tuesday morning, my new cool-er had arrived! I was seriously surprised, it came from the UK and I am on the West Coast USA, not exactly close this was basically a 24 hour turn around time. I was able to give the DHL guy my old cool-er and get my new one at the same time.

As I said they get an A+ for this one, good communication and super fast service!

My new cool-er is purple I worried that I might get a different color, but nope I got the same one I had before.

I am still not sure what happened to make my old one have such issues, it fully froze up on the gradient screen that you normally get at start up and would not turn off fully or even turn on and the computer did not even read it as a USB storage device anymore. It was VERY unhappy.

Anyway I am pleased to have a new purple cool-er and while I waited over the weekend I read books on my old trusty EB1150.

Amy
Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #144
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten S View Post
Not yet- tried to fix it myself- because the magnitude of self-mistake.

Though with the COOL-ER's drag and drop solution there might be problems with deleting files on a mac (especially on a mac and SD flash cards) since the files just get moved to the hidden .Trashed folder and therefore filling up space..

I have made Apple Scripts for that in the past, the problem also came when I made an automated copy, jpeg compression, images resize and auto crop from flagged iPhoto photos to a Memory Stick, to use with a digital photo frame.
For removing those nasty Mac OS X hidden files on FAT/FAT32 volumes you can also try the neat little app Hidden Cleaner v1.2.1 - see here:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/34318

---

To Install:

Simply open the dmg, drop the app in your Applications folder, then run it. It will give you an info message, and while the message is still on screen go to the icon in your dock and click-and-hold or ctrl-click (to get the context menu - i.e. right-click with two button mouse) and select "Keep In Dock." Then you can hit "OK" on the info message and the icon will remain in your dock.

---

To Use:

When you want to clean and eject a volume, just grab it and drag it onto the Hidden Cleaner dock icon (instead of your trash can / eject button) and the app will ask you "Eject?" with an option for yes or no. I believe this means you can clean and keep the volume mounted, or clean and eject, but I only ever hit "Yes" to clean and eject.

The process may take some time (30-60 seconds) and may complete without ejecting the first time, especially on larger volumes with lots of files. If that happens simply repeat the process (i.e. drag the volume onto the dock icon and hit "Yes" then wait).

While working you will see a little black & white circular icon divided into 4 quadrants which will disappear when the process finishes, along with your volume icon from the desktop (hopefully) meaning your disk has now been cleaned and ejected.

---

Hope this helps. Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #145
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Warning: the use of this application could led to unexpected behavior for some files...

Be careful when use it.

The one who is wrong is more likely the Cool-er/Netronix firmware, it should not display file starting by a dot, In Unix term, file starting by a dot are hidden files. The netronix firmware must comply with this, so it's more a netronix bug than a Mac OS X bug
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #146
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not a bug at all; it's simply the way that Unix-based filesystems work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #147
sassanik
Guru

feb 18th

Someone previously mentioned wanting to change the date that shows up as Feb 18th.

That is not an actual date it is the way the Cool-er displays that it is in date sort mode instead of author, title or category.

This menu can be accessed by the bottom button on the left side of the cool-er.

Amy
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #148
ytrushkov
ytrushkov began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
18 FEB

Thanks Amy!
I see, but it is really wired
ytrushkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #149
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
The one who is wrong is more likely the Cool-er/Netronix firmware, it should not display file starting by a dot, In Unix term, file starting by a dot are hidden files. The netronix firmware must comply with this, so it's more a netronix bug than a Mac OS X bug
Actually OS X also sets the hidden attribute of FAT as well. That's one of the advantages of OS X: it handles DOS attributes as well (man chflags for details).

So the netronix firmware is double wrong. But then so is Sony - the Sony will search for files in .Trashes as well wicht too is hidden with dot and hidden flag:

Code:
17.07.2009  19:17         <DIR>    _H__D________  .Trashes
Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #150
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Actually OS X also sets the hidden attribute of FAT as well. That's one of the advantages of OS X: it handles DOS attributes as well (man chflags for details).

So the netronix firmware is double wrong. But then so is Sony - the Sony will search for files in .Trashes as well wicht too is hidden with dot and hidden flag:

Code:
17.07.2009  19:17         <DIR>    _H__D________  .Trashes
Martin
Ho I didn't even notive this

I really love OS X
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote