Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #136
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I forgot to mention, you can still launch the current version of KU with NM. Just create a NM config file that launches the same start script that's in the kfmon config file runs. (Use the cmd_spawn command)
Hmm, now I'm tempted. I've yet to actually mess with KU, because I didn't want to add clutter to my library/home screen with the way kfmon handles launching things. Requiring a .png file as the launcher.

But if you're saying I could us NM to launch KU without kfmon installed I'll start tinkering with that.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #137
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Hmm, now I'm tempted. I've yet to actually mess with KU, because I didn't want to add clutter to my library/home screen with the way kfmon handles launching things. Requiring a .png file as the launcher.

But if you're saying I could us NM to launch KU without kfmon installed I'll start tinkering with that.
Yep, some of my initial tests with NickelMenu was running KU, so I know it works.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 10:13 PM   #138
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I've yet to actually mess with KU, because I didn't want to add clutter to my library/home screen with the way kfmon handles launching things. Requiring a .png file as the launcher.
Note that since the latest version of kfmon, you can delete the .png files and add `generator:kfmon:all` to your NM config. @NiLuJe can tell you more about this.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #139
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup!

You don't even need the "all" flag for the generator with legacy config files, since the default is to allow enumeration .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:13 AM   #140
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
I like NickelMenu a lot... easy to use and can launch other features like KOReader, Plato, PBChess etc without launching from the .png files etc.

One question I suppose that follows naturally from a utility like this is if we can add menu items, is there anyway to take some of the standard ones off? I don't use Activity, Wishlist or My Articles for example and wouldn't mind if those were hidden.
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #141
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessions View Post
One question I suppose that follows naturally from a utility like this is if we can add menu items, is there anyway to take some of the standard ones off? I don't use Activity, Wishlist or My Articles for example and wouldn't mind if those were hidden.
If you are using the kobopatch system there are patches available to remove those (and several other) main menu items. e.g.
'Hide top-left menu item - Pocket'
'Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist'
'Hide top-left menu item - Activity'
(although I haven't enabled these patches myself.)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #142
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you are using the kobopatch system there are patches available to remove those (and several other) main menu items. e.g.
'Hide top-left menu item - Pocket'
'Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist'
'Hide top-left menu item - Activity'
(although I haven't enabled these patches myself.)
Thanks, that's useful to know. I can see option now in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file

Last edited by jsessions; 06-23-2020 at 09:42 AM.
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #143
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessions View Post
Thanks, that's useful to know. I can see option now in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file
I've patched those items, too. It helps to create menu space.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #144
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
I've patched those items, too. It helps to create menu space.
You will have to patch them again. There a 4.22.x firmware released. The patches are also released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #145
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You will have to patch them again. There a 4.22.x firmware released. The patches are also released.
I already did, downloading the OS update via the links you posted. Thanks.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #146
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NickelMenu v0.2.0 testing

I'm looking for people to test NM v0.2.0 (it will be released in July), as this version makes many internal changes to the config parser and menu injection code.

If anyone wants to help test it, you can download it here.

The changes include:
  • Automatic reloading for config files (i.e. you don't need to reboot anymore when changing the NM config files).
  • Automatic reloading for generators (i.e. you can change your kfmon configuration and it will be shown immediately).
  • A more efficient config parser (but this won't be noticeable).
  • Explicit values for nickel_setting (i.e. you can now enable/disable a setting instead in addition to just toggling it).
  • Custom URLs for nickel_extras:web_browser (i.e. you can have menu items which launch the browser to a specific URL).
  • Modal option for nickel_extras:web_browser (i.e. you can have an action which opens a web browser window without replacing whatever is currently open).
  • Custom CSS for nickel_extras:web_browser (i.e. you can inject custom stylesheets into all web pages loaded into the web browser, for example to change colors, remove elements, fix layout issues, or change the font).

While testing, in particular, I'd like you to:
  • Ensure that your actions still work in the same way as before and appear in the correct order.
  • There aren't any crashes, even with errors in the config file (I think I've already covered everything, so it's unlikely to crash).
  • Ensure that any config changes are picked up properly without a reboot.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-28-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #147
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011
Automatic reloading for config files
I'm tempted to write a shell script that manipulates the menu entries. :-P
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #148
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I'm tempted to write a shell script that manipulates the menu entries. :-P
You'd probably be better off writing a generator (see src/generator_c.c for some examples) so NM doesn't have to re-parse the entire config unnecessarily.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #149
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
@geek1011: I upgraded to 0.2.0 and everything works as expected.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #150
svh1985
svh1985 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi all,

I have three questions:
1 I really like NM and so I don't need the apps between my books anymore. Is there a way to hide them?

2 Should there still be a NickelMenu on the menu when I have entries? Or is it only there as place holder when nothing is configured?

3 In /.adds/nm/ I added a file vlasovsoft with these contents, the problem is that it will show up in the menu as vlasovsoft.png, what am I doing wrong?

# Launch vlasovsoft via KFMon
# NOTE: .adds/nm/kfmon will generate this automatically
#menu_item : main : Coolreader : kfmon : vlasovsoft.png

# Launch vlasovsoft directly via NM
#menu_item : main : Coolreader : cmd_spawn : /bin/sh -c /mnt/onboard/.adds/vlasovsoft/launcher.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
svh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel