Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #136
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Attached files are put at the bottom of a post.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:33 AM   #137
DobermanS
DobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hello all
First of all,thank you for great work!
I've read the thread but haven't found an answer, is sleep toggle on ksm 9 still in dev
or ?...
And another one,if I press in nikel exit_nikel.png its get opened,but not take me back to ksm...
DobermanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #138
cgirerd
cgirerd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Attached files are put at the bottom of a post.

Luck;
Ken
Hi Ken Maltby, and thanks for your answer. I know that they are supposed to be at the end of a post, but KBStartMenu_09.zip doesn't seem to be there anymore.
cgirerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #139
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgirerd View Post
Hi Ken Maltby, and thanks for your answer. I know that they are supposed to be at the end of a post, but KBStartMenu_09.zip doesn't seem to be there anymore.
That's because the new file name is "KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip" which include the most recent updates for rotation problems in some devices and some other bug fixes. So you don't need to update immediately after the first install.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #140
cgirerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
That's because the new file name is "KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip" which include the most recent updates for rotation problems in some devices and some other bug fixes. So you don't need to update immediately after the first install.
Ah ok, thank you very much! I tought KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001.zip was a kind of update and was not suitable for a very first install. Thanks again!
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #141
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobermanS View Post
Hello all
First of all,thank you for great work!
I've read the thread but haven't found an answer, is sleep toggle on ksm 9 still in dev
or ?...
And another one,if I press in nikel exit_nikel.png its get opened,but not take me back to ksm...
Probably you don't followed the indications on first post installation spoiler, step 1. This is for install the necessary fmon and png files in nickel to let use the png like buttons (i.e. return to ksm).

You need to boot in ksm>tools>nickel diverse>start nickel no fmon. Them you must open all png in kbmenupngs within nickel, and finally reboot.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #142
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgirerd View Post
Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you very much tshering for your hard work, really appreciate. I am indeed new here, and this is my first attempt at installing Kobo Start Menu. Unfortunately, I can't manage to find and download the KBStartMenu_09.zip archive detailed in the first post. Could you help me?
I saw that your problem has been solved. Thank you for the question. I have updated the instructions.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #143
DobermanS
DobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-booksDobermanS has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Probably you don't followed the indications on first post installation spoiler, step 1. This is for install the necessary fmon and png files in nickel to let use the png like buttons (i.e. return to ksm).

You need to boot in ksm>tools>nickel diverse>start nickel no fmon. Them you must open all png in kbmenupngs within nickel, and finally reboot.
No'p did all by the book,also followed yours,no change...
And what about Sleep function on main page of KSM ?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #144
DobermanS

Quote:

Thanks mate,found a mistypo in my install,all good now!
But still wondering about the Sleep
Old 03-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #145
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
or ?...
No, it is not in development. At some point I just removed it from the main page, since it was not reliable. The device woke up by itself, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 3 days.
It is still possible to get it on the main page via "configure", but I would not recommend using it.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #146
DobermanS

Thanks for an explanation
On that note, would like to share my set of "kbmenupngs" icons ,
they are B/W,flat and look more in place in nikel thumbnails for my taste
Attached Files
File Type: zip kbmenupngs.zip (11.3 KB, 814 views)
Old 03-04-2018, 05:51 AM   #147
boriar
Evangelist

Quote:
Thanks for an explanation
Thanks for sharing
Old 03-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #148
cgirerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I saw that your problem has been solved. Thank you for the question. I have updated the instructions.
Yes, I could install Kobo Start Menu 9 and everything runs smoothly. Thank you very much for your work, highly appreciate!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #149
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you for your contribution! I put a link to your post into the first post of this thread.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #150
nohandlebars
nohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: None
Problems with ssh

Hello all, I am fairly new to posting here although I have been lurking around for quite some time. First off a big thank you to everyone here, this forum is an amazing resource.

I recently bought an Aura H2O (original) and I went about installing KSM 09 with the update, everything went smoothly and I got USBNet working with telnet but I cannot for the life of me get ssh working. I read earlier in this thread that it was broken for another user so I attempted to apply that patch but no joy. I simply get a 'Connection refused' error.

As a side note I originally had the vlasovsoft folder in the .kobo directory and it actually worked fine regardless, I have since moved it to the .adds directory as per the directions in the first post.

I imagine it is something simple I am not doing but any help would be appreciated!
nohandlebars is offline   Reply With Quote