Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-17-2017, 05:53 AM   #136
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This title is now available at Audible. It's 6 minutes long and no expiration date is listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FREE: Goodnight Smartphone
Written by: Arianna Huffington
Narrated by: Arianna Huffington
Length: Not Yet Known
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:01-17-17
Publisher: Audible Studios
This title is scheduled to be released on 01-17-17
Quote:
Exclusively written for Audible, only available in audio
Sleep is central to every part of our lives, and a good night's sleep begins by putting aside the day's worries. But in today's technology-saturated world, saying goodnight to the day is harder than ever. Allow author Arianna Huffington (Thrive, The Sleep Revolution) to guide you to a peaceful night's slumber as she performs Goodnight Smartphone: a classic tale reborn for the modern age, when the hardest thing to say goodnight to is not the moon, but our phones, our email, our social media, our always-on digital selves.
During a visit to Audible to speak about the benefits of sleep, Arianna joked about what a wonderful book Goodnight Moon is and asked why there isn't a version for adults: "Goodnight cares of the day, goodnight worries about tomorrow, goodnight laptop!" she exclaimed. Soon after, Goodnight Smartphone was born. Listen as Arianna adapts one of the most notable bedtime stories for the modern age, and learn more about her daily sleep regimen in her introduction, written especially for Audible.
Inspired by the classic children's story, this audiobook is a playful and relaxing guide to help you transition from the worries of a stressful day to a good night's sleep, and you can only hear it on Audible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #137
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
I don't recall having seen it posted but the last novella in the Saint Mary's Chronicles by Jodi Taylor, My Name is Markham, is free at audible.

This is a series I enjoy a lot and can only encourage people to read that author.
It's not showing up as free for me. Is there a promo code for it?
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #138
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's not showing up as free for me. Is there a promo code for it?
That's weird because I got it for free on audible.com on Jan 14th even though I bought the ebook at amazon.co.uk, so no whispersync magic there. And if I log out from audible, it doesn't show free anymore. And I didn't unknowingly used a credit, I checked. I'm sorry that it doesn't work for you. Did it work for anyone else?
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #139
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
That's weird because I got it for free on audible.com on Jan 14th even though I bought the ebook at amazon.co.uk, so no whispersync magic there. And if I log out from audible, it doesn't show free anymore. And I didn't unknowingly used a credit, I checked. I'm sorry that it doesn't work for you. Did it work for anyone else?
Thanks for the explanation. This could've been a mistake on Audible's. It's hard to say.

And there's no need to apologize
Old 01-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #140
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I don't recall having seen it posted but the last novella in the Saint Mary's Chronicles by Jodi Taylor, My Name is Markham, is free at audible.

This is a series I enjoy a lot and can only encourage people to read that author.
There are currently 7 short stories in the series, 6 of which are free.

The Chronicles of St Mary's -- Jodi Taylor.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 AM   #141
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
It's still free, just buy it at the "0 credit" price instead of the $5.95 price.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #142
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
It's still free, just buy it at the "0 credit" price instead of the $5.95 price.
Do you have a paid credit membership? I don't.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #143
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I have a two credit balance. It won't let me buy for "0 credit" or any credit, only cash. I think Audible has a problem with this book.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #144
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm currently on a trial & have 1 credit, it let me buy it for 0 credits okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	154272  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #145
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Same.

Edit to add: GRRRRRR... I was charged $5.95 and have now returned it.

Last edited by Synamon; 01-17-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Don't add to your cart, you have to click the 'Buy for 0 Credits' bubble on the book's page.
That option doesn't exist for me.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #147
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Better check your order history. I did the "0 credit" button and got charged $6.55. Working with Audible to do a return.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #148
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Better check your order history. I did the "0 credit" button and got charged $6.55. Working with Audible to do a return.
!@#$%^&*, me too.

EDIT: Got the book removed from my library and a refund issued. What a PITA.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-17-2017 at 01:32 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #149
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 23 Jan

$1.99 -- Immortality of the Gods -- Nick Redfern/ Paul Garcia --> 7.2 hrs --> NF UFOs

Quote:
Immortality of the Gods: Legends, Mysteries, and the Alien Connection to Eternal Life

Each of us are alive for a very limited time. Or are we?

What if we could live not just for a century, but for millennia? What if there were a way for us to never die? Is such a thing even remotely possible?

It may not only be feasible; it may very well have been achieved in the distant past. Ancient aliens may well have uncovered the secrets behind slowing, and ultimately completely stopping, the aging process.

History is filled with accounts of fantastic beings, powerful gods, and half-human/half-alien entities that had extraordinarily long life-spans. Many such stories are now largely dismissed as nothing more than the stuff of legend, folklore, and mythology. But what if the accounts are all too real?

Highlights of Immortality of the Gods include...
Old 01-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Deal of the Week -- exp 23 Jan

$5.95 -- Four Years in Stonewall Brigade -- John Casler/ B Holsopple --> 11.3 hrs --> memoir

Quote:
Four Years in the Stonewall Brigade

Every memoir of the American Civil War provides us with another view of the catastrophe that changed the country forever. But this is one of the clearest and most informative ever put to paper.

As a commander in Stonewall Jackson’s brigade, John Casler experienced all the horrors and comedy of the American Civil War. His time was not so different from his countrymen on the other side, with the exception of point of view.

“I was no secessionist, and hoped the trouble would be settled without recourse to arms; but when the war came I shouldered my musket in behalf of my native State and defended her to the last.”

Drawn from his diary at the time, Casler recounts his experiences in the ranks, from marches and looting to nail-biting escapades and the monotony of life as a prisoner of war. Four Years in the Stonewall Brigade is a remarkable account of men in war, graphically bringing to light the challenges they faced on a daily basis.

Originally published in 1893