Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #136
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Chapter 8, anyone?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #137
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Chapter 8, anyone?
WELL ?????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #138
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chapter 8

<insert text here>
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #139
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Chapter 8

<insert text here>
well, get on with the inserting already !!! (taps foot impatiently). (and if you think you can just "placehold" infinity posts and i will eventually stop manifesting my eagerness to read the next episode, clearly you've not been paying attention.)
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #140
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Chapter 8

A buzzer buzzed. “Your visitor is here” a nasally, disembodied voice announced.

“Send him in. And take a break and get something for that damnable cold. It’s hardly seemly for a company involved in the creation and production of edible delicacies, is it?”

“Aahhh-chooo!”

The door opened and the visitor entered. He sat down in the seat opposite, and placed his case on the desk in the universal language of “I have the goods, let’s talk business”. He blinked.

Mr Kipling waited a beat.

“Good afternoon, Mr Nutkin. A pleasure to see you this soon.”

“When we say we’ll do something, we get it done. I have operatives everywhere…” he broke off, almost sounding angry “…almost everywhere, that is” He glanced around “And your side of things?”

“Ah. Well. You see, a campaign of that size, and of the necessary quality takes some time to develop, to write, to script, to film, to edit, to manipulate to release. The message, you see, has to be perfect and perfectly in keeping with our, ahm, friendly image”

Mr Nutkin peered at Mr Kipling through unnervingly beady eyes.

“You aren’t thinking of reneging on our deal are you?” he cocked his head to one side. “I needn’t tell you there are many others who will pay handsomely to get their hands on this.” He shrugged “they may not have the clout you do, but they have money. And, to be frank with you, if you back out now, I will happily sell to the highest bidder for both the money and the pleasure of pissing you off as revenge.”

“Now now…” Mr Kipling waved a placatory hand “we have drafts. Ideas. Concepts. Storyboards. I thought that once we were both happy that the other party could, ahm, close their side of the deal, then we’d, ahm, deal.”

Mr Nutkin made a sound that sounded alarmingly like a snigger “Alright then. You show me yours and I’ll show you mine.”

Mr Kipling looked at Mr Nutkin in a way that could only be called old fashioned, then beckoned him over to a drawing board. They went through several concepts before Mr Nutkin was mollified enough to open his briefcase. Mr Kipling looked inside and gasped.

As far as he could see, the briefcase was empty. There was nothing in it. Not even a single, solitary scrap of paper.

“What outrage is this?” he bellowed.

Outside his office, his secretary decided now was a good time to take that break and get something for her cold. Possibly a glass of wine or two, until things subsided.

Mr Nutkin look confused.

Mr Kipling spoke slowly, as if to a backwards child. “There. Is. Nothing. In. The. Briefcase. Nothing. Nada. Empty.”

Hearing the tone through the door, his secretary grabbed her bag, coat and her two favourite gossip companions, and they fled to the pub.

Mr Nutkin looked in, and pointed.

Mr Kipling looked. And looked again. And then he saw it. His face slowly started to turn as red as the cherry atop a bakewell tart.

“YOU’VE BROUGHT ME AN ACORN? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS OUTRAGE?!”
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #141
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

(there will be no more tonight - too tired now)
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #142
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Ooooooooh. Exciting stuffs!

However... Am may not have realised this, but by posting chapter 8 so quickly, she has proven that spankings are HIGHLY effective motivation towards the speedy production of chapters.
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #143
zelda_pinwheel

“we have drafts. Ideas. Concepts. Storyboards."
rarely have such ominous words been spoken.

and that acorn bodes no good.

Quote:
(there will be no more tonight - too tired now)
well, all right, i suppose you can have the rest of the night off. don't stay up too late carousing about ! i have to get some sleep so you can write more tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #144
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
“we have drafts. Ideas. Concepts. Storyboards."
rarely have such ominous words been spoken.

and that acorn bodes no good.

well, all right, i suppose you can have the rest of the night off. don't stay up too late carousing about ! i have to get some sleep so you can write more tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #145
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
Ooooooooh. Exciting stuffs!

However... Am may not have realised this, but by posting chapter 8 so quickly, she has proven that spankings are HIGHLY effective motivation towards the speedy production of chapters.
However however, too many may be detrimental to more chapters (well they take time, and, erm, other stuff... )
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #146
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
heh, ironic freudian slip. i meant YOU have to get some sleep, obviously. (although i should probably also get some sleep, technically.)
Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #147
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
heh, ironic freudian slip. i meant YOU have to get some sleep, obviously. (although i should probably also get some sleep, technically.)
Looking at the time, and knowing it's an hour ahead over there, we should both be getting some sleep!

Chapter 9 is well underway. But not finished. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #148
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Looking at the time, and knowing it's an hour ahead over there, we should both be getting some sleep!
ye gods, is THAT the time ???? fair point.

Quote:
Chapter 9 is well underway. But not finished. Maybe tomorrow.
yay !!!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #149
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
The saga is ePubbed
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #150
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
seems to me this is a tale of 2 authors .. .. ... ....... .. .... ... ... wonder who does the actual typing....

:quacks:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote