Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2016, 07:55 PM   #136
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In another attempt at making the shell useful, the latest USBNetwork snapshots now bundle tmux .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #137
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
is it just me or is usbnet not working on 5.7.2.1?
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #138
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
is it just me or is usbnet not working on 5.7.2.1?
Please give more details than just: "not working".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:33 PM   #139
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please give more details than just: "not working".
since I migrated from 5.6.5 it stopped. I tried launching the sh file manually from kterm and it complained about libkh IIRC.
so I get the bin files to reinstall it and mrinstaller seems to fail. the bin files are still there after rebooting and I don't see the menu in kual
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #140
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
since I migrated from 5.6.5 it stopped.

I tried launching the sh file manually from kterm and it complained about libkh IIRC.

so I get the bin files to reinstall it and mrinstaller seems to fail.

the bin files are still there after rebooting and I don't see the menu in kual
You always have to completely re-install everything other than the jailbreak, KUAL and KUAL extensions.

Do that again, and make a note of the exact spelling of the library that is complained about. We can't fix it otherwise.

What messages do you get from MrPI? from KUAL?

Home page -> search bar -> the command: ;dm (semi-colon d m) will dump the log files to text documents.
Advert
Old 02-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #141
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also double check the MPRI instructions on how to install stuff. And check MRPI's log (extensions/mrinstaller/*.log).
Old 04-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #142
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It could be worse, we could be trying to support the K1.
I have recently been working on porting some stuff to my like-new vintage K1 (collector's item). So far only scripts I package up work on it. Framebuffer is different and I am struggling with trying to make changes update. Different CPU (intel x-scale, not freescale). Uses usb-serial instead of RNDIS usbnetwork. No 5-way pad, but roller for rightside 2px-wide chrome-pixels LCD for progressbar and menu select (which I can update for progress), and eips works but uses different parameters. Interesting toy, and more interesting is that my flaky roller switch started working good after I ordered a one-dollar replacement -- it must have been oxidized mechanical switch contacts which cleaned themselves with significant use. This device uses right-justified menus for compatibility with its fancy LCD selector, however I find the LCD invisible at various viewinng angles, and I need to tilt it so the mirror pixels reflect something dissimilar from the LCD inactive pixel state (flat white indistinguishable from the ceiling it reflects at many comfortable viewing angles). I like eink inverse menu select much better, avoiding that clever shiny (but annoying to use) LCD menu selector. Glad they removed it on K2. For compatible apps with other kindles, having no 5-way or keyboard arrow keys, I plan to allow wasd-key arrows and spacebar-select, in addition to 5-way and touchscreen support. Or just give up? Where are all the K1 apps? I think after getting gmplay (with sound) working on it, time to move on to newer devices, eh? Toolchains are a PITA... I want something like KUAL on this.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-03-2016 at 08:26 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #143
knc1
Going Viral

K2I (B003) USB network problem

Using the packages from this thread for:
Jailbreak, KUAL, MrPI, MKK, and USBnetwork on a K2I that had never been jailbroken before - -

Using the 'Toggle USB Network' button -
Later, using the 'USBnetwork Status' button -
I see a status message of "USBNetwork: enabled (usbnet, sshd down?)"

I do have an address on the USB PC device:
Code:
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
5: usb1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN qlen 1000
    link/ether ee:49:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.2.1 peer 192.168.2.2/32 scope global usb1
    inet6 fe80::ec49:ff:fe00:0/64 scope link
I have a route:
Code:
$ ip route
default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  metric 100 
169.254.0.0/16 dev eth2  proto kernel  scope link  src 169.254.57.30 
192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.2 
192.168.0.0/16 dev usb0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.15.201 
192.168.2.2 dev usb1  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.2.1
Telnet works:
Code:
$ telnet 192.168.2.2
Trying 192.168.2.2...
Connected to 192.168.2.2.
Escape character is '^]'.

Welcome to Kindle!

#################################################
#  N O T I C E  *  N O T I C E  *  N O T I C E  # 
Rootfs is mounted read-only. Invoke mntroot rw to
switch back to a writable rootfs.
[root@kindle root]#
but indeed, just like the status message said, dropbear is not running:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# ps aux | grep 'drop'
root     14893  0.0  0.3   2652   472 pts/0    RN+  01:50   0:00 grep drop
I made one change to the default config file:
Code:
# Don't let dropbear print the banner at each login
QUIET_DROPBEAR="true"
In the file: config.default not in the file: config

K2I - FW-2.5.2

Can you suggest what I might check next?
Old 04-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #144
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Crap.

My bad, dropbear update pulls in new GLIBC_2.7 symbols. Didn't expect that ;/.

EDIT: As does OpenSSL. o_O. That's weird. Haven't touched that in quite a while...
Old 04-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #145
knc1
Going Viral

Do you have 2.5.8 on yours, too see how old things need to be?
I suppose I could update my 2.5.2 if it is too old to support.

= = = =

Trivia:
The k5, 5.3.7.3 (current) updated OpenSSl to 1.0.1(something) from the old 0.97 version.

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #146
knc1
Going Viral

Ah - same problem with OpenSSH -
Code:
[root@kindle sbin]# sshd 
sshd: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/us/usbnet/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8)
Here is what is installed on 2.5.2:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.5, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.1.2.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.15 system on 2008-06-10.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
Thread-local storage support included.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.
and
Code:
[root@kindle /lib]# ls -l /usr/lib/libcrypto*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 Oct 25  2009 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1426413 Oct 25  2009 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
Maybe I should just use the USBnet package in the USBnet thread?
I.E: It is still an 'older' build, isn't it?

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:07 PM   #147
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, that's the good old isoc99_sscanf stuff. No idea why it seemingly suddenly cropped up *now*, since I haven't touched my K3 TC... Which means it's probably been broken for a while :?.

EDIT: Gonna chalk that one up to a change in GCC's default --std value?

Tweaked the build scripts, stuff is currently rebuilding...

No hope for readelf without code tweaks though, it relies on qsort_r, which was introduced in glibc 2.8...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-04-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #148
knc1
Going Viral

And:
Code:
[root@kindle sbin]# ../bin/eu-readelf -d sshd
../bin/eu-readelf: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by ../bin/eu-readelf)
Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #149
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yeah, that's the good old isoc99_sscanf stuff. No idea why it seemingly suddenly cropped up *now*, since I haven't touched my K3 TC... Which means it's probably been broken for a while :?.

EDIT: Gonna chalk that one up to a change in GCC's default --std value?

Tweaked the build scripts, stuff is currently rebuilding...

No hope for readelf without code tweaks though, it relies on qsort_r, which was introduced in glibc 2.8...
I used patchelf on sshd to remove the runpath (to use the K2's libcrypto) -
that took care of those complaints from the openssl library -
but sshd itself still complains.

= = = =

Since your setting a runpath into /mnt/us/ ....
why not just include the newer libraries in /mnt/us/usbnet (or whereever).

the 'trick' there is to rename them to their soname.

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #150
knc1
Going Viral

Note: 2.5.2 does not set a 'wake-lock' just because the USB cable is connected.
Not even because there are characters coming and going over telnet.

I just have to find a way to stop that behaviour -
I am getting tired of working in 30 second 2 minute bursts.

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje