Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
Canadiancynic
Canadiancynic began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Lifedrive
Wink Safe Mode - For that Must Have feed

I discovered a clever way to get a stubborn feed, I've been trying to download some back issues of a favourite magazine that are available free on the Internet, and no matter what I tried I kept getting time out errors. I finally booted my laptop into safe mode with networking and the journal issues downloaded right away.

This might solve some issues for some of you looking to download existing online ebooks into Plucker

Sunrise rocks, Thanks to the maintainers!
Old 07-20-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancynic View Post
I discovered a clever way to get a stubborn feed, I've been trying to download some back issues of a favourite magazine that are available free on the Internet, and no matter what I tried I kept getting time out errors. I finally booted my laptop into safe mode with networking and the journal issues downloaded right away.

This might solve some issues for some of you looking to download existing online ebooks into Plucker

Sunrise rocks, Thanks to the maintainers!
This information has been helpful. I've had problems with Sunrise running really really slowly (what should take 10 minutes runs for hours and hours) and running in Safe mode brought it back to where it should be. There's something on my system that's obviously conflicting with Sunrise, and I'm not sure exactly what it is... but thanks! I might have to trial-and-error remove programs until I figure out what's up...