Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 AM   #16
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Hi Crusader,

Wow thanks for that man, much appreciated!!! Shame not all of those books come in a nice format for my 505 lol. Will see if I can nick my relatives address lol.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:16 AM   #17
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Let us know how it works out. In rare cases you might have to do a verification before being able to download the file.

All you need to do then is use a proxy (Hidemyass works) and download it for the first time. After that it downloads normally.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #18
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Yes... working for people you can't buy books with money...
Thats a pretty good idea. But if you do a site then you might end up being a target of "copyright infringement", maybe(?). I know most eBooks say you can't sell them. Would swapping them fall into that category. I mean to us no but to some itchy ass lawyer? Or some stank publisher? Or a cranky ass author?

Having a site would mean you are putting yourself out there for all to see. So it wouldn't be a bad idea (actually its a good idea). I am working on an eBook site now and if I can get some decent legal advice I might just add that into the sites function.

But decent legal advice would = "no you could not be sued or brought up on charges for copyright enfringment". Verse not so good legal advice "hmmm, well I don't think so....nah you probably wouldn't".

I will look into it.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #19
AFK_Matrix

Hey quick question about getting this series. I now know how to get them off Fictionwise by using a US address etc but could you do the same thing with Mobipocket? Or is there some other way to do it with Mobipocket? Would using Hidemyass.com help?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #20
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately the only shop I have personal experience in is with Fictionwise. I don't know if a similar workaround exists for Mobipocket.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Let us know how it works out. In rare cases you might have to do a verification before being able to download the file.

All you need to do then is use a proxy (Hidemyass works) and download it for the first time. After that it downloads normally.
I have now two books in my FW library which I can only download with hidemyass. Even though I downloaded them earlier, I still can't download them normally.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #22
Crusader
Space Cadet

That's strange. The ones I had to download via Hidemyass are now available for normal download. Have you tried logging out and back in?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #23
AFK_Matrix

Thanks for the info, I might just try it on mobipocket and cross my fingers. Just hope I don't bugger it up and loose my books i have on there lol.