Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Where is Metadata on Sony PRS-700?

I didn't find any information doing a 'down and dirty' search, so I'm hoping tht the above topic line will help people with the same question in the future.

I've spent uncounted hours in Calibre downloading metadata, covers, etc., before transferring my books over to my reader. Before I do the next 200 books, how do I access the data on my Sony? Because if I can't, then the only thing that is worth doing is getting the series information in.

thanks bunches!
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Still no response to this question. There seems to be some discussion of it in the User Manual, but that presupposes some coding ability on the part of the user. In other words, "You lost me at hello", to paraphrase The quote.

"Damn it Jim, I'm a file clerk, not a computer progammer!"
Old 12-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The SONY supports onlya limited subset of the metadata, but you can use calibre to insert the metadata asa "Jacket page" into books when you convert them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Deb
Connoisseur

How do I do that?
Step-by-step directions with any coding needed, please. And would that take the place of the cover, or be a separate page?
Being able to do this would be worth another donation.

And then you can tell me if there's any way to remove underscores from book titles on a global scale, rather than 1 by 1. For some reason a whole slew of the books I just bought from Diesel have "Word_NextWord_" etc, etc.

Thanks bunches!!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its just a checkbox in the conversion settings, tick it and you're good to go. It's under Structure Detection" in the conversion options.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Deb
Connoisseur

They're DRMed. I've never been able to get step-by-step directions to remove the DRM so that I can re-format. I thought I had it once, but there was still something I was doing wrong. I have Python but don't understand the coding I need. I was great with MSBasic, but got lost when it went out of style....
Old 12-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah well, instructions on removing DRM are against forum policy, but you dont need programming skills to remove DRM. You just need to be able to run things from the commandline