Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
janabo
janabo began at the beginning.

Device: ereader, mobipocket
Question Help with iphone ??!

Hello Everybody!

I am a severely disabled person & use an electric wheelchair. As a healthy, athletic 9 year old I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. My disease has been so severe I have had 8 joint replacements already and can't do almost anything these days.

I love to read but can no longer hold & read books due to their weight.

on top of everything else I snapped my leg in half in 1-09 and now am home & able to do even less & prob won't be able to go back to work....

Reading is one of the last things I can do and I just read that iphone can load ebooks now!

Is this true? Over the past few years I have bought many ebooks in the palm format, ereader, mobi etc but my Palm Tungsten C has long ago died.

I am so dependent on my MDA's for everything and when the palm broke one weekend I had somebody buy me a BB 8330. It is brand new and won't load the ebook software and gives me all types of problems with routine syncing etc....

Does anybody out there have a contact for somebody that might be able to give me an iphone? Or even an Apple contact I could approach myself? I am using what they call a Vintage Powerbook G4 too.

I really need voice software as I am losing motion and strength everyday & soon will not be able to do anything unless it is through my voice. I have constant pain due to the severity of my disease (R.A.).

I apologize for this long letter but if anybody has any ideas no matter how far fetched I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks very much and have a good week-end all!

Jana O.
janabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, device, disabled, mobile