Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #31
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Since the moderators seem to only "close" Pocket Pro threads and refuse to give it front page notice, maybe we all should start new Pocket Pro threads as a protest to unfair and biased treatment.
Tis an interesting Idea.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Since the moderators seem to only "close" Pocket Pro threads and refuse to give it front page notice, maybe we all should start new Pocket Pro threads as a protest to unfair and biased treatment.
I am not sure what you are saying... but posting the same thing in multiple threads and sections is the very definition of spam... Most users report spam and want us to delete it.

I believe we closed ONE thread that was an exact duplicate of another and they were started within a few minutes of each other.

We try to do our best and appreciate the help and support the members give us by reporting threads.

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
But wasn't the one closed kinda the official announcement of the $199 price? Shouldn't that have been news for the front page just like the Sony announcement?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #34
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
You said in another thread which has now been closed to further posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I thought the same thing. I wanted an 8" device. I was gonna go with the 6". However, that would mean purchasing a man-bag to carry it in, or just carry it everywhere in it's case.

What converted me to the 5" is that it will fit in my blazer pocket. I cut out a wooden shape to the exact dimensions, and it fits nicely.
Similar thoughts have run through my gray matter. I settled on the 5" as my FIRST ereader, so it's easy to carry ANYWHERE (everywhere?). However, I fully expect that, down the road (probably between 6 months and 2 years) I'll be buying a second ereader which will be 8" or 9", primarily for reading at home. One device for the mobile trade-off, one for the "less mobile" trade-off.

The best of both worlds.

Everett
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
But wasn't the one closed kinda the official announcement of the $199 price? Shouldn't that have been news for the front page just like the Sony announcement?
The thread that was closed wasn't the official announcement. I was gonna start one up when I found out about the reduction, but I knew there were already 4 threads on the Astak readers. Another thread would have just been yet another one to follow.

Robert started up another one soon after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
You said in another thread which has now been closed to further posts:

Similar thoughts have run through my gray matter. I settled on the 5" as my FIRST ereader, so it's easy to carry ANYWHERE (everywhere?). However, I fully expect that, down the road (probably between 6 months and 2 years) I'll be buying a second ereader which will be 8" or 9", primarily for reading at home. One device for the mobile trade-off, one for the "less mobile" trade-off.

The best of both worlds.

Everett
My thoughts exactly. The small reader for my novels and stories, the larger one for my comics. Although, I do not have enough Anime/Manga to warrant such an expenditure. I probly never will
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #36
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I am not sure what you are saying... but posting the same thing in multiple threads and sections is the very definition of spam... Most users report spam and want us to delete it.

I believe we closed ONE thread that was an exact duplicate of another and they were started within a few minutes of each other.

We try to do our best and appreciate the help and support the members give us by reporting threads.

One man's spam is another man's lunch meat. There does seem to be a moderator bias in favor of the Sony & the Kindle.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #37
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Robert
Get I have a few questions

I didn't realize your reader supported LIT that is awesome most of my ebooks are in that format. However I noticed in your FAQs that there is a 4MB limit. Does this apply to the 5" Pro ezreader

Also I know you've mentioned TTS does not work for epub. What formats does TTS work on?

Thank you
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #38
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The Adobe Digital Editions that Astak has is the same Adobe Digital Editions that Sony has. There are not different versions of it. I am not an ADE expert but Adobe IS. Please call Adobe, Kate, and ask them. We do not sell ADE... we only license it.

Once and for all... it is identical to all other Adobe Digital Editions and does the same thing as Sony's ADE does!!

I sense a little frustration here, Kate. Don't you like a great device that is full featured selling at a low price? I would think you would be signing up to buy.
Who is Kate?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #39
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
FYI, I just got an email that my paypal account will be refunded for the difference of the new promotional price $199 price and original $229 price.
tselling, can you compare jetBook and EZ Reader when you get it?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Who is Kate?
khalleron
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #41
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
and here we were told that Aztak's cost was so high that selling them under $200 was losing money? Same spin different day.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #42
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
and here we were told that Aztak's cost was so high that selling them under $200 was losing money? Same spin different day.
I'm sure he can arrange for you to pay the higher price if that would satisfy you. They actually managed to reach the sub $200 price range and you're complaining?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #43
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

and the fanboi's appear....next will be the direct threats by robertb's second ID...

but by all means keep buying into the spin...the question about ePub DRM was neatly side stepped as well.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #44
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
and the fanboi's appear....next will be the direct threats by robertb's second ID...

but by all means keep buying into the spin...the question about ePub DRM was neatly side stepped as well.
LOL, I'm not a "fanboi," I just find it rather absurd that someone found reason to complain when the price when down thirty bucks. And ePub DRM works, based on what was posted on another thread by someone who tried a DRM infested ePub on the six inch EZReader. I think Robert just got confused.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #45
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
LOL, I'm not a "fanboi," I just find it rather absurd that someone found reason to complain when the price when down thirty bucks. And ePub DRM works, based on what was posted on another thread by someone who tried a DRM infested ePub on the six inch EZReader. I think Robert just got confused.
Sorry for the fanboi thing...

The constant infomercial for Astak that MR has become is just old. I come for news and all I see are SPAM posts for Astak.

As for the "confused" excuse....it seems to always be his excuse or the excuse given by those who drink the Kool-Aid served up by Astak. Read enough posts and it is a pattern...first it was no way Fry's could sell the readers at their sale price and make money, then it was no way ANYONE could sell under $299 and make money then it was no way anyone could sell for $259 (or something like that) and make money then the < $200 and so on and so on and so on...spin spin spin....

Next will be the "this is to thank everyone who has been so helpful on MR"...it is always spin-spin-spin...then again that is how marketing wonks work...

I swear they should re-name the company "As the World Spins"...might be time for another Astak imposed gag order...