Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-29-2003, 09:49 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
PDAAvenue.com R.I.P

Quote from PDAAvenue.com:
Quote:
Dear Friends,
It is with much sadness and regret that I inform you of the “demise” of PDA Avenue.

On Saturday night, we experienced a catastrophic database failure. Simply put the database was gone. We still do not know if this was due to hardware error or an external attack.

We lost the site. Everything is gone. Unfortunately, our most recent backup is several months old; meaning that even with a backup, most of the site is missing.

We had a similar incident in February of this year. For eight months the entire staff has worked long and hard to rebuild PDA Avenue and create the best community PDA site on the net.

But, all good things come to an end. After much thought and deliberation, I have decided not to continue with PDA Avenue at this time.

I know this may come as a shock to many of you, but I cannot put the time and effort into rebuilding the site yet again. In addition, many of the staff members feel the same way and that it is time to move on.

From every ending comes a new beginning, and in the coming months, you may see an all new PDA Avenue to serve your PDA interests. In the meantime, I’d suggest visiting our good friends at www.pocketloft.com where Aaron, Ellis and the rest of their crew would be more than happy to see you.

Friends, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support and goodwill you’ve given me over the past couple of years. I hope to see you all again in the near future.

Good luck,

Andrew Kurniadi
PDA Avenue Webmaster
This is a true shame! What I really wonder is why do people not backup their work????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdaave_logo.gif
Views:	569
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	180  
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Backing up is key...
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:23 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I run a cron job that backups this forum database once a day and ftp's the backup to another server
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote