Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-24-2024, 05:42 PM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM66 View Post
My motto is--Don't get old!
The update to calibre 7.11 is less risky than your update to Windows 11.

Most of your plugins will likely need updating and calibre will show most of them as updated plugins available. For DRM removal, Apprentice Alf has been replaced by NoDRM. Download that updated plugin from Assets on https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...lease/releases for the latest code.

As for the motto? As Maurice Chevalier said, "Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative".

Last edited by DNSB; 05-24-2024 at 05:47 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 06:04 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That would be perfect
As that's what I have been doing with my old kindle. Putting a few books into a folder and dragging and dropping.
But not sure where the kobo folder I need to use is.

I could maybe try it with calibre later
There is no harm upgrading your calibre. You just have to upgrade your DeDRM to the latest version at...

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...947bf338d3ffda
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 03:39 AM   #33
MRM66
Zealot
MRM66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Col.Samsung A7 & A8 Tab.Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 & Kindle 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

BTW there are quite a few of us here, that were born before 1960 .
How about before 1945?
MRM66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 04:06 AM   #34
MRM66
Zealot

Found this now what do I do?

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases

Am backing up Calibre to external at the minute
This is where I get lost
Old 05-25-2024, 04:13 AM   #35
MRM66
Zealot

Is it this one?
If so what do I do with it? Its years since I last did something like this

Last edited by MRM66; 05-25-2024 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 04:40 AM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
How about before 1945?
Yep.

I know of a '39er who raids the MR library for short stories, And according to Mum I was conceived in the Aldgate underground station fire wardens den during the London blitz.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 05:58 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
How about before 1945?
Nope? I was born in 45, not before.

IMHO Tech took off in the 50's (TV in a home, HiFi, Micro wave (yes, it was huge. Dads boss had one), Transistor anything.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 07:16 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Found this now what do I do?

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases

Am backing up Calibre to external at the minute
This is where I get lost
You don't want that link. You want this link to get the latest alpha release.

You want to download the ZIP file and unzip the plugin and then install it like you did the old version from Alf.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:40 AM   #39
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Tech took off in the Victorian era!
Approximately in order: batteries, telegraph, B&W photos, fax, electric light, gas mantles, colour photos, radio telegraph, neon lights, fountain pen, ball-point pen (packing cases), voice phones, mechanical TV, cinema, electrical hearing aids based on phone technology, home voice recording on cylinders (apart from Edison), disc records (inc audio books) PA amps using compressed air and diaphrams, live plays by shared telephone, typewriters, stencil duplicators, cars etc using all of battery-electric (nickel-iron), steam, diesel and petrol. Photolithographic printing, including colour. Steam turbines on ships and for electricity. Submarines, diving suits, airships, (first practical powered aircraft in 1905), radio remote control. Cathode ray tube simultaneously in UK & Germany. First plastics. Maxwell's equations that proved speed of light in a vacuum was a constant. Einstein's hero and he said Maxwell was a hair's breadth from relativity. Mercury vapour vacuum pumps, aluminium.

Voice public broadcasts about 1921. Demos from about 1905.
Electronic TV described in 1905. Commercial by 1935. Colour TV demos in 1924.
First computer by Konrad Zuse in 1939. Better ones secret in 1940s in Blechley Park.
Liquid Hydrogen/Oxygen rocket motors in 1930s.
Radio remote control of a plane before 1918.
Inertial navigation in 1930s
Teletypewriters 1928. Almost unchanged as computer I/O in 1970s. See also Telex.

Microwave oven still uses the cavity magnetron invented in 1940. Magnetrons before that in late 1920s till 1939 were poorer than Kylstrons.

Gunpowder in Europe from 14th C. Maybe 500 years earlier in China.

Jet aircraft flew before WWII in 1938 or 1939.

WWII V1 flying bomb was a kind of jet propelled cruise missile (modern ones usually flip open wings and use a jet engine).
WWII V2 was a regular rocket powered missile. More people died making them than at targets. Supersonic.
Both had analogue computers for guidance.

Radar and Sonar before WWII.

The 18th C. was the steam age and rapid introduction of standard threads and machine tools. Also programming add-on to machine weaving. Jacquard. Luddites were not against machines, but wanted better working conditions. Cloth made by machine replacing hand-made gave up to 100x profit increase for mill owners, but workers paid less, longer hours and poorer accomodation.

The 19th was the start of Electrical Age.

20th C the Communications Age, with Computers in public from 1946.

Transistors proposed in 1920s. Bell labs was first in 1948 purely due to haveing purer Germanium than rivals. A working one almost the same time in France.

So real technology time line rules out our tech from Roswell Aliens.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 11:22 AM   #40
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Is it this one?

That would the correct one. Unzip that file and you will see two .zip files inside it. Do not unzip those two files (DeDRM_plugin.zip and Obok_plugin.zip). Open calibre => Preferences => plugins. Click on Load plugins from file, browse to the location of DeDRM_plugin.zip, select it and click on open. After it installs, rinse and repeat for Obok_plugin.zip. DeDRM should have taken the configuration from your old install.

I think this is pushing the limits of what we can say in a MobileRead forum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 06:01 AM   #41
MRM66
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Is it this one?

Amy totally stuck
Downloaded this but don't know what to do with it now .

DNSB your message just came through Am reading it now

What is... After it installs, rinse and repeat for Obok_plugin.zip.

Last edited by MRM66; 05-26-2024 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:15 AM   #42
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Amy totally stuck
Downloaded this but don't know what to do with it now .

DNSB your message just came through Am reading it now

What is... After it installs, rinse and repeat for Obok_plugin.zip.
If you only buy from Amazon, you won't need the Obok plugin.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 06:35 AM   #43
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That would the correct one. Unzip that file and you will see two .zip files inside it. Do not unzip those two files (DeDRM_plugin.zip and Obok_plugin.zip). Open calibre => Preferences => plugins. Click on Load plugins from file, browse to the location of DeDRM_plugin.zip, select it and click on open. After it installs, rinse and repeat for Obok_plugin.zip. DeDRM should have taken the configuration from your old install.

I think this is pushing the limits of what we can say in a MobileRead forum.
Thanks DNSB and The Ducks...Thank you for pushing the limits I do understand!
It worked It worked!!!!
For years I have been afraid of updating calibre from 4.15
But it's uch a more modern look too
Am very grateful
Did everything. Apart from Extended edition,What is that?

Last edited by MRM66; 05-26-2024 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:22 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
If you only buy from Amazon, you won't need the Obok plugin.
Even if you buy from Kobo you don't need the Obok plugin because it's best to download ePub.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:23 AM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Even if you buy from Kobo you don't need the Obok plugin because it's best to download ePub.
Yes, I've never installed it.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote