Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-14-2024, 05:08 AM   #1
Ayleth
Ayleth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello from Australia!

Hi all

Growing up I had a downright insatiable appetite for books, but over the years the toils of adulthood had me set my books aside again... and again... and again. I recently decided to pick up the hobby again, and I'm loving it.

I bought a Kobo Libra 2 to join the e-reader bandwagon (two months before the Libra Colour came out! ). It's a fantastic little device, and I'm obsessed! I spend almost as much time playing around in Calibre as I do reading... hmm.

Anyway, it's lovely to meet you all! I'm looking forward to connecting to my fellow book lovers here. I'm currently reading Shōgun by James Clavell and Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates. If you're partial, my GoodReads URL is ayleth.

Ayleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:19 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Quote:
I spend almost as much time playing around in Calibre as I do reading... hmm.
You're not the only one.

BTW, I decided not to get the Libra Colour to replace my Libra 2 - its screen is darker and the contrast is not as good. I don't really need color; it's another matter if you read lots of content with color (comics, PDF files, books with color pictures).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:08 AM   #3
Ayleth
Ayleth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You're not the only one.
Haha, glad to know it's a common "problem!"

& re. the Libra Colour, I agree. The cover and collection screen photos being posted on /r/Kobo are gorgeous, but the downsides are pretty obvious, too. While there's always going to be a moment of FOMO when a new device releases right after purchasing the old one... it really does look like the Libra 2 has a better visual experience for novels! I think. Or so I'm telling myself.
Ayleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:09 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayleth View Post
... it really does look like the Libra 2 has a better visual experience for novels! I think. Or so I'm telling myself.
I'm pretty sure it does have a better display for black-and-white. And as the overwhelming majority of my reading material is exactly that, I see no point in splurging on a color ereader, at least not with the current level of color tech. IMO it's just not good enough yet. Let's wait for a few years more...

Last edited by Sirtel; 05-14-2024 at 07:12 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote