Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-01-2023, 11:36 PM   #1
wcravimani
wcravimani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Suddenly, Kindle is not accepting books from Calibre

Hello, and a good day to all!
I use a Kindle Reader, and have been successfully sending books to my Kindle using Calibre since 2016. Whilst previously, Kindle used to accept books converted to MOBI, in the recent past, they have discontinued support for MOBI, but accept e PUB, e BOOK, PDF formats. Yesterday, after upgrading CALIBRE to the latest version, I tried a number of times to send a book to my Kindle in acceptable formats( PDF, e PUB etc), but each time I get an error notice that Kindle has "black-listed" the IP address. After unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issue by discussions with Amazon Kindle Support, I discovered today that the issue probably is with KINDLE no longer accepting CALIBRE forwarded books- I have successfully sent a book to KINDLE on my personal e mail ID( registered with KINDLE), but still fail when using CALIBRE as the medium.Looks as if Calibre needs tweaking vis a vis AMAZON Kindle.
wcravimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Kindles do not use ePub books. If transferring directly from Calibre to a Kindle, the book must be in a format the Kindle uses.

If you are emailing a book through Amazon, you can use ePub, because Amazon will change/convert the format to one the Kindle can use. For this process to work, the email address you are sending FROM needs to be listed on your Amazon account to be an accepted email address. You do that in the Content & Devices area on your Amazon Account, under Preferences...Personal Document Settings. Add any email address you will use to send books to Kindle using email.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 05:28 AM   #3
nimabooks
nimabooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcravimani View Post
Hello, and a good day to all!
I use a Kindle Reader, and have been successfully sending books to my Kindle using Calibre since 2016. Whilst previously, Kindle used to accept books converted to MOBI, in the recent past, they have discontinued support for MOBI, but accept e PUB, e BOOK, PDF formats. Yesterday, after upgrading CALIBRE to the latest version, I tried a number of times to send a book to my Kindle in acceptable formats( PDF, e PUB etc), but each time I get an error notice that Kindle has "black-listed" the IP address. After unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issue by discussions with Amazon Kindle Support, I discovered today that the issue probably is with KINDLE no longer accepting CALIBRE forwarded books- I have successfully sent a book to KINDLE on my personal e mail ID( registered with KINDLE), but still fail when using CALIBRE as the medium.Looks as if Calibre needs tweaking vis a vis AMAZON Kindle.
i have as of Jan experienced issues sending Epub, PDF or DocX to kindle from calibre. but today i found that you can simply upload your epubs on to kindle on this link - https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle and then send to kindle and then send across devices. a bit more steps involved , but atleast it works. if you dont have epub versions of the books, you can use the convert feature on calibre to convert from whatever format you had them in previously.
nimabooks is offline   Reply With Quote