Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-09-2023, 11:26 AM   #1
darrenma
darrenma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Fetch News in epub

I have been using Calibre to download some magazines, utilizing the scheduled download feature that automatically fetches them in mobi format and sends them to my Kindle via email. However, Amazon no longer supports mobi format, rendering my previous settings ineffective. One solution is to change the automatic download format to epub, allowing continued automatic delivery to my Kindle. Unfortunately, I dislike the formatting of epub. Currently, my workaround involves automatically downloading in mobi format, manually converting it to epub, and then manually sending it to my Kindle via email. Is there a way to modify the formatting of the downloaded news in epub to resemble that of mobi? Alternatively, is it possible to set up an automatic download in mobi, followed by an automatic conversion to epub before sending it to my Kindle?
darrenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. Kindles still support mobi just fine, its only amazon's email service that does not. I suggest plugging in your kindle using usb once a day to collect your news in mobi format with full periodical formatting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote