Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-06-2023, 06:06 PM   #1
Winks
Winks began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro 7
Please Bring Back the "Tap" Option in Scrolling Behavior

Version 6.0 was the last version that allowed "tapping" the margin to initiate page-advance by screen fulls (instead of single pages). This was an option under Preferences>Scrolling Behavior.

Why did they remove this convenient touch-screen feature after 6.0?? It's invaluable when reading on a tablet (eg the Surface Pro) when you don't have a keyboard to "click" or pg dwn to do your page advancing.

Anyone else miss this feature? Any easy workaround? Am I stuck using version 6.0 forever now?

Please bring back the Tap to scroll by screen fills option.
Winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's still there, its called clicking on the margins scrolls by screen fulls.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
Winks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's still there, its called clicking on the margins scrolls by screen fulls.
Thanks. I installed the latest version and enabled "Clicking on Margins Scrolls by Screen Fulls".

On my touchscreen tablet (Surface Pro), this only works when the keyboard is attached. BUT when I detach the keyboard (as I like do when reading ebooks) the only way to advance pages is by tapping the margin with my finger... and when I do so, with tapping, I only get single page advance (ie, repeating pages - not screen fulls).

In version 6.0, however, you did provide the option to "tap" by screen fulls. and that works with finger tapping. All versions afterward, tapping no longer provides screen fulls. You must click with a keyboard to get screen fulls advance.

Apparently, there is a difference between "click" and "tap".

Love the program! Just wish that feature was continued. (reinstalling 6.0)
Old 07-07-2023, 05:48 PM   #4
Winks

Correction on above: Version 6.20 was the last version that supported "Tapping scrolls by screen fulls" (I kept wrongly saying 6.0)
Old 07-07-2023, 10:15 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah in the case you have to fo to Preferences->Touch behavior where you can customize the behavior of all touch gestures.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:01 AM   #6
Winks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah in the case you have to fo to Preferences->Touch behavior where you can customize the behavior of all touch gestures.
Brilliant! That works! (Apologies that I didn't explore that preference)
Thank you!

Tags
lost feature, screen fulls, scrolling, tap