Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 06-20-2023, 02:17 AM   #1
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Viewer save state on quit and reload on startup

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is such an option. Is it possible to save state on quit such as current book, and then reload such on next startup? It sure would be great.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try Viewer->Preferences->Miscellaneous

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:21 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean when using the viewer standalone, then pass it the --continue command line flag.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:57 AM   #4
kevn57
Connoisseur
kevn57 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader+
I'm using windows so I just created a shortcut with the flag and pinned it to the task bar.
kevn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Stand alone viewer, I’m launching from the dock on macOS. I'm using single instance since I often use the command-line options to go to toc entry. I have /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/ebook-viewer.app in the dock and that's typically what I use. Using ./Contents/MacOS/ebook-viewer from the command-line always adds a new dock icon at the end of the dock thus I can't keep it in a specific dock location. Though I figured out I can launch calibre.app/Contents/ebook-viewer.app/Contents/MacOS/ebook-viewer --continue and that works. That's not necessarily ideal since I'd prefer to just click the dock icon.

Last edited by democrite; 06-20-2023 at 01:59 PM.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote