Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Does not sync reading position across devices

Hello!

I've just got an Air2, plus my old Note2, I've updated both to the new 3.3.2 version, that allows 3rd party cloud service books storage, plus notes and reading position via own Boox account.

However, it is not working to me. I have exact same WebDAV URI in both devices, same Boox account (handwritten notes in Notes section syncs), but the reading position does not sync.

Do I have forgot something or misinterpreted the instructions?

When I close a book, I see the syncing message, but opening the same book in other device does not sync, does not matter if I sync before from the Library screen button or when the book has been opened form the book menu.

Thanks in advance.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I answer to myself, as I've done more tests. It does not sync anything, not reading position, not notes, not handwritten. Not PDF, not ePub.

When sending ebooks via push, it works like a charm.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #3
rfog
Guru

Quite interesting nobody is using this.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:37 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Quite interesting nobody is using this.
Im not using NeoReader
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:10 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Im not using NeoReader
I've back to use Boox devices only for NeoReader, that I think is way better than Kindle viewer.

At the moment I read that 3.3.2 synchronize across 3-party cloud read books, I went back, but it seems it is not perfect yet.

What I miss the most in Boox devices is inverted mode.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:30 PM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
As in upside-down or black/white inversion?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 02:04 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
As in upside-down or black/white inversion?
Sorry, black/white inversion.

You can manually rotate in any position.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:32 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I dunno. Find an independent reader app that you like and then use it on all your devices. I don't use any Onyx apps on my Poke3. I use my own reader and it does white on black, but I hate the way that looks.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:17 AM   #9
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I've back to use Boox devices only for NeoReader, that I think is way better than Kindle viewer.

At the moment I read that 3.3.2 synchronize across 3-party cloud read books, I went back, but it seems it is not perfect yet.

Anything will be better than Kindle on a Boox.

Why don't you install something made for e-ink? Koreader works great, as does Alreader X, which is also preinstalled and used as the default reader app on Onyx's devices in Russia: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?show...o1x9d343213253 (install the eink version). Both sync reading progress. I use both on all my Android devices and they are all synced nicely.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:12 AM   #10
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
Anything will be better than Kindle on a Boox.

Why don't you install something made for e-ink? Koreader works great, as does Alreader X, which is also preinstalled and used as the default reader app on Onyx's devices in Russia: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?show...o1x9d343213253 (install the eink version). Both sync reading progress. I use both on all my Android devices and they are all synced nicely.
Yes, Kindle in Boox is crap due the page turning animation. I don't like KOreader as it does not annotate PDF in standard PDF annotation format. And menus are alien and out of any coherent user interface (IMHO).

Currently I have FBReader (paid version), that syncs across all devices and platforms (even Windows and macOS plus I(Pad)Os ), but does not respects a minimum CSS (like text section separation).