Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-25-2022, 08:40 AM   #841
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodu View Post
Run V3.1.1 version on my P10W (wacom version) now, satisify on it from I get it on November 2021. Likebook company should keep to improve their firmware for more support, but it is good on their price as always.
V3.1.1 version for Mimas run in P10W? So, if P10W receives more updates, they could run in Mimas too
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:49 PM   #842
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Friend wants to use the mimas that's been off forever. It has 2.3.3 on it atm. I found a OTA file for the mimas and 3.1.1 (this was never released though?) I also have the update fw for the 3.1.0 to go to 8.1 android first. Is it a bad idea to use the 3.1.0? Is it a worse idea to then take this OTA to 3.1.1?

I found the relevant info here which linked to a Facebook post with the mega link to the update zip.

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...xes-typography
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:49 AM   #843
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
If it's working then I'd leave well alone. The risks far outweigh any hoped for benefits. Just download the reading apps that suit you best. There are big names now working to push things forward - for example Lenovo. The technology and software has so far been progressing at a snail's pace.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:07 AM   #844
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
There are big names now working to push things forward - for example Lenovo. The technology and software has so far been progressing at a snail's pace.
And what should they be able to do better?
They can also only build on known technology (EInk speed), and so far they are 50% behind in write speed and 300% behind in display speed compared to new Boox devices
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:13 AM   #845
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Maybe you are too easily pleased. We need faster progress with colour screen devices, easy to use note taking (hopefully to enable notes on e-pub format books) and better battery life. Real competition in the area of these niche devices is long overdue. Big tech has the funds needed to promote and develop ideas.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:25 AM   #846
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Maybe you are too easily pleased. We need faster progress with colour screen devices, easy to use note taking (hopefully to enable notes on e-pub format books) and better battery life. Real competition in the area of these niche devices is long overdue. Big tech has the funds needed to promote and develop ideas.
That's wishful thinking or daydreaming.
Even Big Tech cannot overcome physical conditions - and we are already very close to the limits.
In my opinion, 1.5 seconds for color build-up is unreasonable.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:47 PM   #847
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If it's working then I'd leave well alone. The risks far outweigh any hoped for benefits. Just download the reading apps that suit you best. There are big names now working to push things forward - for example Lenovo. The technology and software has so far been progressing at a snail's pace.
Lenovo has been making a 2 in 1 eink devices for awhile, I think they have 3 including the new one that's coming out. They have all been plagued with software issues. If they can nail that then they should be good. Windows doesn't play amazing with eink though in general.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:16 PM   #848
Svordov
Svordov began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas (T103D); iPad Air 2
I used my Likebook Mimas for a year on 3.1.1 firmware version. No issues. According to my research, that was the last firmware version for this device. Flashed 3.0.2 first, then upgraded to 3.1.1 directly on reader.
Svordov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 04:35 PM   #849
Svordov

Root Likebook Mimas

However, I would like by now to root my Likekbook Mimas.
I already unlocked its bootloader at first, it was a straight forward process. I could post here afterwards.
Installed Magisk 25.2 app, because I had trouble on flashing TWRP in order to flash SuperSU. And actually I think that I did not found the right files to do that. Unfortunately that device is very "obscure" in terms of software support, there is no TWRP image for it on twrp.me for example.
The Magisk main method does not require a custom recovery.
I managed to patch on Magisk the boot.img file that I got from the 3.1.1 firmware update.
Went into fastboot mode to flash the patched boot file. The command is:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot_patched.img
Required reboot using the command fastboot reboot.
But things became bad after rebooting. Likebook boot screen loads only for a second, and the device restarts into the stock recovery.
Entered fastboot mode again and flashed the stock boot.img to unbrick the device.
Started up my Mimas again, but without accomplishing the root part.

How can I properly root that device? Is there an additional thing to flash or unlock? I would like to get full control of my device through rooting, it is a shame that it is actually much more difficult than to jailbreak my iPad.

Note: Flashed the 3.0.2 firmware using RK Android Tool on Windows. Updated to 3.1.1 on device. Sent the fastboot commands on Linux (LMDE 5).
Old 02-17-2023, 05:06 PM   #850
Svordov

I am trying to root my Likebook Mimas.
Managed to unlock the bootloader in a straightforward process through fastboot.
Patched with Magisk 25.2 the boot.img from the 3.1.1 update.
Flashed the patched boot.img on fastboot mode. It bricks the device, that briefly boots on Likebook boot screen but after a second automatically reboots to stock recovery.
Flashing stock boot.img unbricked the device, but I still did not got root access.
How can I properly root that? Is there another thing to unlock or patch?
Old 02-17-2023, 05:13 PM   #851
Svordov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svordov View Post
I am trying to root my Likebook Mimas.
Managed to unlock the bootloader in a straightforward process through fastboot.
Patched with Magisk 25.2 the boot.img from the 3.1.1 update.
Flashed the patched boot.img on fastboot mode. It bricks the device, that briefly boots on Likebook boot screen but after a second automatically reboots to stock recovery.
Flashing stock boot.img unbricked the device, but I still did not got root access.
How can I properly root that? Is there another thing to unlock or patch?
Sorry for double posting. I thought that the first post about rooting was lost and wrote it again from scratch with another brief wording.
Old 06-04-2023, 03:22 PM   #852
jaqb
jaqb began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas T103D
Update failed - need help

Hi every one. I try update my Mimas T103D with firmware to 3.1.1 and during flash every think was ok.
https://ibb.co/0YQ9YCR

After this I saw on screen message "android erasing" and some secs letter my book reader was death. What can I do ? Maybe anyone can have previous old firmware 2.3.3 ?
Regards
Jaqb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flash.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	201876  
jaqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:45 AM   #853
jaqb
jaqb began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas T103D
correcting my previous post - to firmware V3.0.2 (update-221.img)
jaqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:40 PM   #854
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqb View Post
correcting my previous post - to firmware V3.0.2 (update-221.img)
Have you tried to just rerun the flashing process? The 221 img should be the full 3.0.2 and wipe the device in the process then you can take update 283 (3.1.1) which is a normal update.zip that is ran off the mimas as an OTA.

Are you able to get back into the Bootloader for flashing again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-06 104000.png
Views:	72
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	201892  
Old 06-07-2023, 03:14 AM   #855
bazz2004
Groupie

I can see why there might be benefit in rooting a Kindle to read epub books without the pain of converting them. What is the advantage of rooting a Boyue device which is running Android and has a link to the Google Play store for alternative reading apps? Am I missing something here?