Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2023, 10:50 AM   #1
jurgen35
jurgen35 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre comments

Hello,

I have a Cobo eReader and manage my library with Calibre.
I retrieve comments (highlighting in text) with the experimental "send to device --> retrieve annotations" option.

"edit metadata": annotations are displayed correctly in the "comments" window separated by "-----------------------" lines.

In the HTML view the text between these lines does not appear
<hr>
<hr>
<hr>
<hr>

Same when I download the cover and metadata or copy/paste from the comments window into a text editor.

Thanks for your help

jurgen
jurgen35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
KOBO?

something is weird
<hr> is not good HTML (not closed) <hr /> (I suspect you meant <br /> anyway. HR is a horizontal rule)

Next Annotations in Comments? IIRC, it should be a COMMENTS TYPE custom column. They are different columns
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:47 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I use Kobo Utilities to retrive comments and copy/paste into a text file.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:55 AM   #4
jurgen35
jurgen35 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre annotations

Thanks, it works fine
jurgen35 is offline   Reply With Quote