Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-14-2023, 08:28 PM   #1
noequus
noequus began at the beginning.

Device: Linux/Raspberry pi
Run both server and application at same time?

On a Raspberry Pi I now have the content server start up at boot time. That works well (with forum help). But it looks like I cannot also run Calibre as an application, since both allow modifications to the library:

calibre, version 5.12.0
ERROR: Cannot start calibre: Another calibre program that can modify calibre libraries, such as, calibre-server or calibredb is already running. You must first shut it down, before starting the main calibre program. If you are sure no such program is running, try restarting your computer.

Is there a way around this, eg, making the server read-only so I can read content from my phone but only modify it via the application on the Pi?
noequus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:37 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What I do is to start the GUI on system startup with the option to start the server when the GUI starts enabled. Preferences => Sharing over the net => Run server automatically when calibre starts.

Not sure how well this will work on a Pi but worth a try.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:38 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only way to run the GUI and the server together is if you run the GUI and run the embedded server in it. If they are run as separate processes then you can only run one at a time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
server modify