Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
allio
allio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
Highlights sorted incorrectly, no chapter headings

I think they initially are sorted by last time taken in each paragraph instead of as appeared in the book, until the book is reloaded.

And when exported, they don't include markdown headings for book chapters

Those two problems don't happen when using the local viewer to view and export highlights
allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cant replicate your sorting problem in the current calibre release. Steps I tried:

1) Create a highlight
2) scroll up
3) create another highlight
4) browse highlights

the highlight created in step 1 is present after the highlight created in step 3, as expected.

And I will add chapter titles to text export for t he next calibre release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #3
allio
allio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
Were those highlights you created in the same paragraph? (Example: highlight the last word (uncapitalized) in a paragraph; then go back and highlight the first word (Capitalized) in that same paragraph)

Also, it would be better if exporting would include subheadings too, or make it an option. Currently in the local viewer, it seems to only include the topmost headings and ignore the subheadings. Like this:
## Part I heading (included)
text
### Chapter 1 subheading (ignored)
### Chapter 2 subheading (ignored)
## Part II heading (included)
text
### Chapter 3 subheading (ignored)
### Chapter 4 subheading (ignored)
allio is offline   Reply With Quote