Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-15-2022, 10:19 PM   #1651
dunhill
Fanatic
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't know what you want. The book_id is a number created by calibre when you add a book to the library. It has no meaning outside of that library. So, I don't understand how you would use that id to get metadata from a website.
ok so it's the one that creates caliber. I was asking because I didn't know what the book ID was referring to in the plugin descriptions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220815-231403.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	598.9 KB
ID:	195901  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:56 AM   #1652
Fynjisx
Enthusiast
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
search simplification

Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2022, 05:24 AM   #1653
Hobbygirl
Hobbygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 1st Generation
Add Tag Context Menu Item

I would love to see just a simple context menu item in order to add a tag to a book. This would be better than having to open the metadata window just to add a tag.
Hobbygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:44 AM   #1654
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbygirl View Post
I would love to see just a simple context menu item in order to add a tag to a book. This would be better than having to open the metadata window just to add a tag.
You can do this with the plugin "Action Chains", creating an action to edit a field.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #1655
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbygirl View Post
Press F2 in a Tags cell in the book list and you can enter tags on the spot, i.e. in the cell, viz:

Name:	F2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	195929

If you press Shift+F2 you'll get the Manage Tags dialogue, viz:

Name:	Shift+F2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	195930

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2022, 02:54 AM   #1656
tn4w
tn4w began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Hello,

I use Kindle for PC on Windows. I would love to see a plugin that monitors the Kindle content directory which stores downloaded Kindle books and when new Kindle books are downloaded, it automatically add them to Calibre.
tn4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #1657
serian
serian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Summary of a section

It would be great to have a plugin that creates a summary of a section of a book using OpenAI's TL;DR; service.

Example code: https://beta.openai.com/examples/default-tldr-summary
serian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:52 AM   #1658
serian

Use image generator AI to visualize paragraphs

It would be fun to generate images from texts by using one of the image text-to-image AI models, like OpenAI DALL-E 2 or Google Imagen.

I'm not sure if their APIs are publicly available, but you can check them out here:
https://imagen.research.google/
and
https://openai.com/dall-e-2/
Old 08-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #1659
serian

Simplify vocabulary for language learners

It's really difficult to get good books in a foreign language that matches you level, especially if you have just started to learn a new language and your vocabulary is very limited.

It would be a fantastic tool, if we had a "text simplifier" that would recreate a paragraph by replacing the rarely used words with their most common alternatives while trying to keep the meaning of that paragraph.

The list of most commonly used words in many languages are publicly available, so theoretically it would be possible to limit the output words to - let's say - the most common 400 ones in that language.

Just imagine how satisfying would it be, if you could re-read your favorite books in a foreign language that you are learning, and understand nearly everything! You could even increase the difficulty gradually as you learn more and more words!
Old 08-30-2022, 09:32 AM   #1660
serian

Translate foreign languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2011 View Post
How about a plugin to translate from/to different foreign languages?
I used the DeepL (https://www.deepl.com) translation service on Crowdin today, and I think it does nice translations. Its free tier allows us to translate 50k characters per month. It would be great to integrate it into Calibre!
Old 09-05-2022, 03:16 AM   #1661
brokereader
brokereader began at the beginning.

Device: pc
I wonder why there isnt a report plug in feature, or a plug in user credibility feature
brokereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:44 AM   #1662
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokereader View Post
I wonder why there isnt a report plug in feature, or a plug in user credibility feature
There is no hidden magic in what the plugins can do. The developers have to publish their plugins as zip files onto the forum threads in order for it to be able to be installed into your calibre. So there is every opportunity for anyone to examine the contents of a plugin if you have concerns before it touches your machine. In fact I am sure every plugin author here has looked through the code of at least one other person's plugins source code at some point in time to learn how something can be done.

If anyone ever did suspect some behavior of a plugin they only need to report it in the MobileRead forums. I have no doubt that if it was proven to be a real problem the mods would immediately swing into action if it was needed. These forums are very active and posts are very quickly responded to by the community.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:34 PM   #1663
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokereader View Post
In the 10+ years I have been here, the worse thing reported was a PI fail (bug) for a subset of users. It was an oversight, not deliberate.

MR members spoke up quickly, and the PI (update) was placed into moderation until a fix was created. FWIW there have been Calibre releases that have had issues (ugly bugs). The Devs jump on those.

Most issues were from people failing to RTFM, ignoring the initial user requirements or finding really unique ways to use the PI the the Dev had not anticipated.

Note: Not all PI pass thru the MR forums. attention to the warning and take time to vet the source.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:56 PM   #1664
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Note: Not all PI pass thru the MR forums. attention to the warning and take time to vet the source.
The most popular plugin that does not pass through MR is DeDRM. It's been through three different maintainers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:20 PM   #1665
dunhill
Fanatic
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I was thinking it would be nice if there was a search by author on the plugin installation screen
Example I want to search for kiwidude plugins
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development