Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2021, 11:37 AM   #1186
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Don't start KOReader with the device upside-down. (i.e., buttons need to be on the *right*).

And switch to a nightly, I don't recall when the gyro fix was merged.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #1187
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Don't start KOReader with the device upside-down. (i.e., buttons need to be on the *right*).

Do the page turn buttons also need to be set to default?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #1188
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea, probably depends on how that's implemented on the Kindle side.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #1189
subcribed
subcribed began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
rotation works - some pdfs crash

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you for that tip [I did reinstall the 6 may nightly] - the rotation of the menus etc is no longer a problem. But now that I can open books, I find all pdf books crash [mobis and epubs don't].

Strangely enough all pdfs do open. They crash mostly after I turn a few pages [typically 4/5 kindle pages thereafter]. It seems to be a problem mostly with pdf books that are scanned images - rather than say books that I have use the system to print-webpage-as-pdf or original pdf content such as textbooks. The latter ones open often enough.
[fyi the scanned image books are not extra-large or something]

Has anyone else experienced this? or is it a book-to-book thing anyways since pdf cover an extraordinary amount of content.

Thanks to the authors for a great package in any case.

[re: rotation -> Also once it opens can I rotate it or should I keep it upright?]

thanks for all your help in spinning my kindle and I up :-)
subcribed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #1190
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I could use a look at the crash.log in the koreader folder, I tweaked the cache handling in recent nightlies, and it's likely to be a tad too aggressive for memory-constrained Kindles...
Old 05-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #1191
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Does KOReader include an option to check the battery temp.? I would it be really convenient for me without needing to exit KOReader. I was reading in the early morning with ambient temps. in the early to mid twenties but within 20 mins or so battery temp. was closing in on the 40°C mark. Considering the difficulty of getting hold of a decent replacement battery here I am trying not to put undue stress on it.
P.S. How do I get battery percentage to always show on the bottom where the time is displayed?
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #1192
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@atonement:

1. No. You can shove it in a shell/python script and run that, though.

2. Well, in the status bar settings. (Gear > Status bar)
Old 05-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #1193
atonement
Zealot

How do I go about accomplishing the 1st query though? I unzipped the Battery status extension but it appeared there was a lot of stuff that won't be necessary. Also by a script do you mean the Terminal built into KOReader? Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:32 AM   #1194
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Well, you'll have to write it first, of course . It's basically a cat in the right place though.

After that, a long press on the script will allow you to run it.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #1195
atonement
Zealot

From the battery status script I found 'gasgauge-info -k" works and in the built-in Terminal there's a handy option to save the above as a shortcut. But is there anyway to execute it in fewer taps and preferably in Celsius?
Old 06-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #1196
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonement View Post
From the battery status script I found 'gasgauge-info -k" works and in the built-in Terminal there's a handy option to save the above as a shortcut. But is there anyway to execute it in fewer taps and preferably in Celsius?
The temperature comes from the OS /sys/class/power_supply/*bat*/temp which is in Fahrenheit on older kindles and Celsius on the KOA2 and KOA3.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:34 AM   #1197
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The temperature comes from the OS /sys/class/power_supply/*bat*/temp which is in Fahrenheit on older kindles and Celsius on the KOA2 and KOA3.
I tried cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/temp but the output was empty. I navigated to the file and it showed the temp. though. Also how to execute Scripts in the fewest taps in KOReader. Using the gasgauge command it works and it's already better than previously when I had to exit KOReader and switch to the KUAL Helper and thence to the Battery Status extension. Just maybe a little more refined?
Old 06-18-2021, 03:16 PM   #1198
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Would be great to have this as one of the options for things shown in the status line. Ideally with different symbols depending on whether certain thresholds have been passed.
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:53 PM   #1199
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's not something that 99.99% of the user base should care about/can do anything about, so, not really?
Old 07-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #1200
KonradK
KonradK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle PW3
How to uninstall (or at least deactivate) KOReader? I am using Kindle PW3.
KonradK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch