Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #1066
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Looking at in more detail, some of my earlier assumptions were wrong and there were some more problems to deal with.

Settings like 'Manually add/remove items' etc did not need a bunch of code changes for translation--the saved settings were already using 'POPMANUAL' etc.

Favourites Plugin is not going to play nicely with translated strings. It just isn't designed to. So any existing Spanish language users who have Favourites items from RL are going to have to update their Favourites settings.

Keyboard shortcuts, on the other hand, can been kept by not translating the string used for unique_name. I've made those changes, but they are ugly because I don't know of any good way to have both the translated and untranslated strings available without duplicating them.

I'm not sure what tool dunhill used to find and wrap strings with _(), but in several places it wrapped more than one string that should have been separate. I think I've found them all, but it means there are more new strings that need translation for Spanish.

When testing translation code, I find it very helpful to have a fake language translation I call 'zz' included. It's just English with every translated string prefixed with 'zz' to make it easier for me to troubleshoot. I've included it in Reading List now.

Attached is a test version that (I think) has all the necessary code changes. It is missing a few Spanish translation strings now.

The messages.pot is in the zip and also available on github:
https://github.com/JimmXinu/JimmsOth...s/messages.pot

full file on github !!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #1067
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
full file on github !!
Not sure what you mean...
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #1068
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I'm guessing he means the full translation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #1069
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I worked the translation in the file hosted on github

Last edited by dunhill; 04-08-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #1070
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I worked the translation in the file hosted on github
That doesn't tell me where I can get the updated es.po.

When I go look, I can see that you have a github fork.

But if you've edited the file in your local git repo(on your computer), you still have to push your changes to your fork on github and then generate a Pull Request for me to merge your changes into my repo.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #1071
paul55391
Enthusiast
paul55391 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I just installed the Reading List plugin. I created a couple new reading lists but apparently made a mistake deleting the Default reading list because I then got an error in calibre. I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it, but the error remained:

KeyError: 'Default'
paul55391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1072
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
That doesn't tell me where I can get the updated es.po.

When I go look, I can see that you have a github fork.

But if you've edited the file in your local git repo(on your computer), you still have to push your changes to your fork on github and then generate a Pull Request for me to merge your changes into my repo.
From your messages.pot file I leave the corresponding mo and po files.
In order to add the files to the chat add the txt extension (you must rename them)
Attached Files
File Type: txt es.mo.txt (25.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: txt es.po.txt (29.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: txt messages.pot.txt (17.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #1073
paul55391
Enthusiast

Full Error Log

After I uninstalled the plugin, I also deleted "Reading List.json" and "Reading List.zip" files from ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins, and I still get the error. Looks like deleting the plugin did not completely clean things up after my initial neophyte error of deleting the Default book list.

Quote:
calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'Default'

calibre 5.14 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '20.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 20.3.0: Thu Jan 21 00:07:06 PST 2021; root:xnu-7195.81.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.16', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Reading List (1, 7, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 329, in about_to_show_menu
self.rebuild_menus()
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 115, in rebuild_menus
default_list = library[cfg.KEY_LISTS][default_list_name]
KeyError: 'Default'
Old 04-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #1074
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

You should be able to recover by going into RL config, Other tab, View Library Preferences button, and click Clear button to remove all RL settings in that library. Use the Restart button offered--if you don't, it may not clear correctly.

When you remove the list that is set to be 'default' (not necessarily the list named Default), one of the remaining lists automatically becomes 'default' And RL doesn't allow you to remove the last list.

So you shouldn't have been able to get to this state with the current version. Did you get there with an older version?

If it was in the current version, can you duplicate it and post the steps you took? I can't find a way to get to that state.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #1075
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2021-04-10
- Allow Translations and Spanish translation, thanks dunhill!
- Handle missing default and no lists in settings. Shouldn't happen, but somebody got there.

I'd appreciate it if people would test this version and let me know if they have any issues, thanks.

UPDATE: Does now address paul55391's issue.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-01-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 04-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #1076
paul55391
Enthusiast

JimmXinu, I'm assuming you are responding to my message. I am on the Mac with Big Sur (Mac OS 11.2.3) using calibre 5.14, so I am current with both OS and app. I am currently unable to run the Reading List plugin at all and thus can't get to RL configuration.

In my initial install of RL, I went to the configuration options and just added two lists. The lists were empty and I never added any books to them. Then, not knowing how the "Default" list is used, I foolishly deleted the "Default" list. Now I'm dead in the water, as they say.

As a last resort I may end up reinstalling calibre and the small number of plugins I use. Not very happy doing that, but may be necessary.

Maybe there's something I can delete outside of calibre (in Mac OS Terminal) that will let me recover.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #1077
paul55391
Enthusiast

[Solved] Unable to Reset Reading List Plugin

I edited the plist file, entering the name of an existing list as the Default name (instead of leaving it empty) and that got everything working again. (See attached screen snap.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.40.54 PM.png
Views:	130
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	186524
Old 04-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #1078
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Wait--you can edit the settings there? Really? Well, that's wildly dangerous.

Useful in this particular case, but still hilariously dangerous.

Is that how you got to this state in first place? Editing the settings directly instead of using the buttons? Because there is absolutely no error checking done there.

If not, I'd still like to know how you got there.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #1079
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

Updated test version in earlier post

Now addresses paul55391's issue.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #1080
paul55391
Enthusiast

JimmXinu, I hope my previous post (#1076) describes ‘how I got there’ (i.e. how I screwed up Reading List).

I don’t know why it is wildly dangerous for me to edit the .plist file. I suppose if I entered some garbage file name, something strange might happen, but I proceeded fearlessly.

Of course, I did use the GUI initially, but after I screwed things up by deleting “Default”, and after then uninstalling Reading List, then reinstalling it, and still not be able to use the GUI to configure Reading List, it was quite reasonable to avoid the GUI and edit the .plist file, IMO.

If you want, I can try to first duplicate the problem, and then I can update Reading List and repeat what I did and confirm I no longer need to “edit the .plist file. I’ll proceed now and will post my results…