Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 04:47 AM   #1
anonreader
anonreader began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Questions on Ghosting and Authenticity of Product (Likebook Mars)

Hello. This is my first time to use an e-book reader. I have a brand new Likebook Mars, and I'm seeing some ghosting. I didn't do anything to the device except update the android (it included that option during the startup). In these pictures I took, A2 is not enabled. Also, is it normal that the device doesn't have "likebook" written below the screen? In the review videos I've seen, the devices had that design at the bottom. Perhaps it's just the design of newer stocks, but I'm worried that I got a fake. I bought it from a seller from China in Shopee. It looks authentic otherwise.
anonreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:00 AM   #2
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonreader View Post
Hello. This is my first time to use an e-book reader. I have a brand new Likebook Mars, and I'm seeing some ghosting. I didn't do anything to the device except update the android (it included that option during the startup). In these pictures I took, A2 is not enabled. Also, is it normal that the device doesn't have "likebook" written below the screen? In the review videos I've seen, the devices had that design at the bottom. Perhaps it's just the design of newer stocks, but I'm worried that I got a fake. I bought it from a seller from China in Shopee. It looks authentic otherwise.
For third party apps like browser there is no full page refresh option so minimal ghosting is normal (it only do standard refresh or REGAL refresh option - which in some cases reduce ghosting... you can set it for each app - hold app button and settings -> optimization will appear). Full refresh per page is only available in default reader an maybe koreader app if you set it in settings of the app. There should be no ghosting at all only in those cases.

Dunno about branding on Mars but my Alita has engraved likebook logo on the back aside from that they just put additional black sticker with the model name etc... not really that professional.

Last edited by Merithyn; 03-31-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I see nothing special there
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:58 AM   #4
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
The Alita came beautifully packed and presented so that's one thing to help check authenticity. There is ghosting but you'll soon get used to it. A2 is something that I have set as standard because the device was unacceptably sluggish without it.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:18 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's too cheap (for what it is) and niche a product for fakes.
I have no Ghosting issue in the PDF or eBook Reading, or Apps that are reasonably compatible and I've adjusted the settings as described earlier.

Mine was from a German seller via Amazon.de and has pale grey Likebook and Mars on the back. The front is blank.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-03-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I have Likebook P6, Ares, Alita and the front is blank on all of them - including the P10.
I assume that on the Mars it has been changed accordingly to achieve a uniform appearance.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote