Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #91
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Overall - I'm mostly irritated with myself that I went over budget for the month. None of my ebooks are more than $2.99 and the audiobooks $2-5 (except Hobbit which was I think $6.95), but they just add up piecemeal.
This is the first month I've tracked money spent on books or e-books. I was a bit yikes with how much I went over.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #92
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
And I thought I spent too much in January
i only buy books at £0.99 so spent £34.65 so not too bad
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #93
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
i only buy books at £0.99 so spent £34.65 so not too bad
The trick is to only buy books at £0.99 that you'd want to buy if they were £5.99.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #94
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The trick is to only buy books at £0.99 that you'd want to buy if they were £5.99.
I'd just rather buy books I want to read, not just because they're on sale.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #95
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I'd just rather buy books I want to read, not just because they're on sale.
I have already got lots of books I want to read. There are very few new releases that I must read NOW instead of in two or three years time. So I just pop new releases I'd like to read on uk.ereaderiq.com, and buy them when they go on sale.

It's be at least ten years before I run out of books to read. It's a strange, post-scarcity world. (At least from the point of view of someone who's always had to struggle to find enough books to read.)
Old 02-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #96
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
January-

2 books read - 1 cash, 1 KU

1 book purchased $4.99 (however it was approved by Jon so I'm not counting it)
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #97
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had to purchase my book club book where the discussion is up next Tuesday, but that was only 1.99 - thankfully. Some choices have been pricey!

I have a few pre-orders coming in this month where the funds were spent in 2020, so that works I have very few pre-orders otherwise, they all seem to mainly be in February as an odd coincidence.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #98
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Well, I read 8 books and almost 1,500 pages. That's about 1/2 of what I read last January.

It's also about 3x what I've been reading on average since Covid started, so while it's not great overall it is really good start for 2021.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #99
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
Quote:
I have an extensive c540 title kobo wishlist that i go through each day and move the 99p books to the front and treat myself at the beginning of the month and then sometimes in middle or end as well lol

eg. last month Book of two ways by Jodi P had a one day discount to 99p so snapped it up. I dont buy if its not on my wishlist but that keeps growing with things i add on... I do cull occasionally tho
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #100
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
It's be at least ten years before I run out of books to read. It's a strange, post-scarcity world. (At least from the point of view of someone who's always had to struggle to find enough books to read.)
I dunno. I've seen your list and how fast you plow through books. 10 years? I think you'd get through your lot in 3. But I get you. First you have to STOP buying books. or slow down.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #101
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Participating in the 24in48 hour weekend readathon this weekend, so hoping to get several of the small ones finished for challenges. Have to go to a friend's today for the afternoon and early evening for - *gasp* real person interaction time - so don't know that I'll make a full 24 hour goal, but it's still fun to participate in.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:29 PM   #102
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I've decided to go with 41 books this year, which not so coincidentally matches my age.

I've also been tempted and inspired by an older challenge some years ago by another user, I think it was HomeInMyShoes, who'd tried to read books from all different countries. Being a member of the lit club and looking at the book club stats that Dazrin kept track of, it's always been interesting to see how many different countries we'd read books from over the years... but it also makes me think of all the countries I've still never read a book from! Sure, many countries might have a (much) smaller literary output than others, but surely with my eclectic tastes I could find at least one book I want to read from any particular place.

Anyway, this year won't be the year I try for it because I only want to focus on a number right now and otherwise just pick whatever I like at any given moment (or what the club is reading). But it was awfully tempting to do something with it and I think I will try... one year. One year.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #103
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am already behind on my goal. I need to find me some short novels to catch up.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #104
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I am already behind on my goal. I need to find me some short novels to catch up.
I would recommend reading something you really enjoy. I find that a short novel that's just OK takes me a lot longer than a long novel that's brilliant.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #105
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
The difficulty is knowing what you'll most enjoy beforehand!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote