Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
mrowz
mrowz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini/iPhone 6
Can we get cmd-c back for Mac viewer?

Really enjoying some of the updates to Calibre…*the latest version feels snappier, and I appreciate the new search results in the viewer—much easier to find what I'm looking for while keeping my place in the text in front of me.

I just updated and noticed that cmd-C to copy is now broken when I have selected text. I see there's a new widget that pops up with selected text and has a copy button.

I don't really want to use a unique app-specific interface for copying when my OS UI provides a keyboard shortcut that should be consistent across all apps. Would you be willing to include cmd-c capabilities alongside the new widget?

Thanks!
mrowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh yeah forgot the add the mac specific variant of that shortcut. Its ctrl+c, just og tot he viewer preferences under keyboard shortcuts and add cmd+c to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote