Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 03:08 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kindle Oasis $175 (exclusive to Prime members)

Might be worth getting a trial Prime account if you're looking for a Kindle.

$60 for Kindle "Basic"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07978J597

$80 for Kindle Paperwhite

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXG6C9W...hite_rc_nd_ucc

$175 for Kindle Oasis

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7TLZF4...asis_rc_nd_ucc
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
If you have an existing Kindle, the 20% off trade in stacks as well.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Well, I'm now a Prime member...for the next 30 days. I'm keeping my Paperwhite so I'll be paying the $175. I was prepared to give up the PW for a trade-in discount but am going to keep it around for Calibre newsfeeds.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I'm showing out of stock on the Oasis until Nov 26.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Looks like they still have the 32gb model for $199.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Looks like they still have the 32gb model for $199.
Which is the one I would get. Trade in is $20 for my 8GB PW4, plus 20% off towards a new Kindle. So that would make it about $140? Another 31 hours to think about it...

I see that the ‘basic’ Kindle now has 8GB (has been for awhile but the product page didn’t reflect this at first).

Last edited by tomsem; 10-13-2020 at 08:01 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a great deal for the 32gb model.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #8
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
If I trade in a kindle, do I get the 20% back when they accept it or does it only apply to future orders?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
If I trade in a kindle, do I get the 20% back when they accept it or does it only apply to future orders?
I think the 20% is immediate for everyone, so you can use it as soon as you set up the trade-in on the web site, but some people are offered the trade credit (gift card) instantly too.

I got everything instantly when I set it up last night, and ordered my Oasis as soon as the Prime Day discount was active. My Kindles being traded in are still sitting next to me in a box to go out tomorrow.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:33 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sorry but I find it a bit laughable that when I looked at Kindle eInk ereaders on Amazon.ca, the delivery dates were the Oct. 30th for devices that showed stock (8GB Oasis for example -- only 10 left in stock!) while the Kindle Basic showed delivery dates in November and the Paperwhite 32GB showed a delivery date of Nov. 23rd to Dec. 3rd.

OTOH, a simple instant read digital oven thermometer showed free 2nd day delivery by Friday, Oct. 16th. Which makes me wonder why an in stock ereader takes 17 days for delivery.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #11
Deskisamess
Wizard

Last year, when I traded in an old K2, I got the $5 for the device and the 20% credit on a new Kindle immediately upon submission of the deal, before the old K2 was shipped to them.

However, I know from being around since 2009 that not everyone gets their money or the credit immediately. Some users have to wait until their trade in device is accepted and approved by Amazon.

Also, details aren't always the same on the Trade In deals. Sometimes the device traded in is accepted regardless of condition, and sometimes it must be in working condition.