Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Even the update spoiled only need update fans, no one else.
What do you mean, I don't understand?

While I'm overall quite happy with my Likebook Mars and my Onyx Boox Note, both companies have a very annoying habit of lying about releasing software updates that never materialise.
You might not care about the update, but it's just dishonest to claim that you're just about to update your current line of devices to Android 8 (Boyue) or Android 4.4 or 9 (Onyx older and newer models) only to never live up to that promise. Except possibly releasing a new line of devices (less than a year after the previous one) that had the promised newer OS version.

There are other software issues with them not illegally using software with gpl licenses without releasing the source codes of their modifications, which they would be obliged to release.

So while I'm fine with the user experience on these devices (and don't share the other user's very negative experiences with using them), I'm not very happy with some aspects of the way they run their business and I think it's good and necessary to call them out for it (for all the good is doing...)
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk
Even the update spoiled only need update fans, no one else.
What do you mean, I don't understand?
It is very simple.
For me everything works wonderfully within the limits set by the hardware. I would be an idiot, I would change something about it.
And every update means a change - especially an Android system update
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote