Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #76
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Nirvana*

* (See OP's title.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #77
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have 6", 6.8", 7" and 7.8" and the 7" is the sweet spot for me. My Nook 7.8" is perfect I just don't like how I have turn the brightness up to 100% to get aa normal light level for me
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #78
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That's ridiculous.

My first reader was a Nook. I loved the thing. The only reason I replaced it is because I broke the screen.

I bought myself a Glowlight Plus (2014) and could easily use that as my primary reader.

Kobo's software is much more advanced and flexible than Nook's software. I do far prefer it.

B&N could really stand to make improvements. But it is not the cluster you make it out to be.

I agree. I am satisfied with my last 2 generations of nooks. That is the 7.8" and the 6" that looks the same. The only beef I have is I have to turn the brightness all the way up to get the light I like and one of my shelves occasionally appear and disappear ( which is odd but not a deal-breaker) Nook is quite basic with its functions but if all you do is read and do not need all the bells and whistles it is a real good device.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #79
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I have 5", 6", 7", 7.8", 8" and 9.7" readers and to me the 7" has become the favorite for most reading. In Kindle Oasis and Kobo Libra H2O form it is as light weight as many of the 6" devices but with the larger screen. Above 7" they get a bit too large. Second size choice is the classic 6" screen reader and in that category the Kindle Voyage is still my favorite so far.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote