Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 07:04 AM   #1
weebey1997
weebey1997 began at the beginning.

Device: Mobile phone
AZW3 to PDF: separate page for every footnote

My apologies if a thread for this problem exists. My searches have yielded nothing except a fix for this problem IF the input file is a docx.

I want to convert a AZW3 file to PDF in order to print it for personal use. The problem is that the conversion creates a new page for each footnote. Out of 598 pages, 384 pages are just footnotes taking up around 1/5th of each page, which is ridiculous for printing purposes.

I can see no options to change this. I am hopeless at CSS, so I was wondering if someone had a CSS line to fix this.

If it's not too much trouble, could the CSS line mandate that only the footnotes not be separated by pages? I still want new pages for each chapter.

Many thanks
weebey1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
You don't have to stay hopeless at CSS. Maybe it will take some work and some time, but you can learn it. Especially valuable if you're going to be doing this kind of work/thing ever again. And learning a new skill is always a good thing :-)
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnote, page, pdf