Enthusiast
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhoneXR & iPad Pro
Server Error In Firefox

When I open a tab to the calibre server in Firefox, I get the error message

"TypeError: can't redefine non-configurable property "userAgent"
Error at http://127.0.0.1:8080/:1:321
Traceback (most recent call last):"

It keeps popping up intermittently when I x it out. It's very annoying.

How do I get rid of it? This just started happening after upgrading to calibre 3.41.2 64 bit.
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hmmm!
What is the extra stuff after the 8080

FWIW I just tried localhost:8080 on my system and it failed to find the server, but if I used the IP of the machine (hover over the Stop Server choice in Sharing. It will show your current IP), it works
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast

Tried that, but still get similar error:

"TypeError: can't redefine non-configurable property "userAgent"
Error at #library_id=Calibre_Library1&panel=book_list:1:321
Traceback (most recent call last):

@http://192.168.1.4:8080/#library_id=Calibre_Library1&panel=book_list:1:321
Old 04-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUEBECKER View Post
How do I get rid of it? This just started happening after upgrading to calibre 3.41.2 64 bit.
When I open Firefox using either 127.0.0.1:8080 or IP_address:8080, it asks for my username and password, then pops up an error message "Error: Could not initialize database" and "You must allow calibre to use IndexedDB storage in your browser to read books". Oddly, I can't read books but download works despite the error message.

This is using calibre 3.41.3 and Firefox 66.0.3. Edge Dev Version 75.0.131.0 also works for the IP address but not for 127.0.0.1 (You are not authorized to view this site).

Last edited by DNSB; 04-21-2019 at 04:16 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #5
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast

"This is using calibre 3.41.3 and Firefox 66.0.3. Edge Dev Version 75.0.131.0 also works for the IP address but not for 127.0.0.1 (You are not authorized to view this site)."

I am also using Firefox 66.0.3, but calibre 3.41.2. With edge I can use the 127.0.0.1:8080 address, but have to use the mobile version in Windows 10
Old 04-21-2019, 10:41 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUEBECKER View Post
"This is using calibre 3.41.3 and Firefox 66.0.3. Edge Dev Version 75.0.131.0 also works for the IP address but not for 127.0.0.1 (You are not authorized to view this site)."

I am also using Firefox 66.0.3, but calibre 3.41.2. With edge I can use the 127.0.0.1:8080 address, but have to use the mobile version in Windows 10
Edge Dev is not the standard Edge browser, it's the new version based on the Chromium project code base. See Microsoft Edge Insider Channels for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@DNSB Use a fresh firefox profile, IIRC firefox has various issues with IndexedDB and profile corruption.

@LUEBECKER: calibre does not do anything with userAgent so that error is not coming from it, do you have some kind of user script installed?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast

@LUEBECKER: calibre does not do anything with userAgent so that error is not coming from it, do you have some kind of user script installed?

No script. This error just started occurring after I upgraded to calibre 3.41.2
Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sorry, I'm at a loss. I cannot reproduce it in Firefox and grepping the calibre source-code finds no instances of attempts to assign to navigator.userAgent
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
The OP for troubleshooting needs to start with a fresh firefox profile, I know that the last Windows update trashed my sisters firefox profile.

It's getting to the point I am thinking about sending MS an invoice to fix her laptop after each update.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sorry, I'm at a loss. I cannot reproduce it in Firefox and grepping the calibre source-code finds no instances of attempts to assign to navigator.userAgent
Creating a fresh Firefox profile solved this problem as well
Old 04-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #12
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
The OP for troubleshooting needs to start with a fresh firefox profile, I know that the last Windows update trashed my sisters firefox profile.

It's getting to the point I am thinking about sending MS an invoice to fix her laptop after each update.

bernie
Thanks. This worked for me. With the new Firefox profile, I no longer received the error.