Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-06-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Remove book covers

Need to get rid of unwanted book covers on a Kindle I am giving to an elderly lady, totally illiterate when it comes to computers. I only want her to see the books that are downloaded. She does not have an internet connection, so anything that is on the screen MUST work.

I can only check off 1 book and the the garbage can after that I am unable to delete book without going out of BOOKS and back in...any help?

Thanks
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just do a reset to wipe the Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Resetting the Kindle will wipe off everything. I don't think that is what you want to do. Which Kindle model is it? Is the device a Kindle eInk or a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking you only want to have her be able to view books that have been downloaded to the Kindle. You seem to want to hide books that are in the Kindle cloud, that is, located in the Amazon servers. Depending on which Kindle you have, you need to set the Kindle to show only Downloaded books. Then you need to turn OFF the WiFi so the Kindle cannot connect to the cloud storage. Additionally, you might want to use the Parental Controls to restrict her from accessing the server (cloud). I've never used the parental controls, so perhaps someone who has can better explain them.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-08-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Thanks just what I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Resetting the Kindle will wipe off everything. I don't think that is what you want to do. Which Kindle model is it? Is the device a Kindle eInk or a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking you only want to have her be able to view books that have been downloaded to the Kindle. You seem to want to hide books that are in the Kindle cloud, that is, located in the Amazon servers. Depending on which Kindle you have, you need to set the Kindle to show only Downloaded books. Then you need to turn OFF the WiFi so the Kindle cannot connect to the cloud storage. Additionally, you might want to use the Parental Controls to restrict her from accessing the server (cloud). I've never used the parental controls, so perhaps someone who has can better explain them.
Th'anks, this is what I needed and it fixed my problem. Some how my friend managed to get the Fire 7 into ''safe mode'' I didn't even know one could do that. Thanks again for the info as I did NOT want to factory reset and then have to download all the apps.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
skidog
skidog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Want local books only on home page

I have a similar problem, where all my wife's covers show up on my home page. If I go to BOOKS and select DEVICE then just my books show. This is what I want BUT, on the home page, which opens on start-up, our libraries are all mixed up. I've tried turning off the WiFi, but this has no effect. (sure seems like it should though)

Last edited by skidog; 04-05-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I think I may have figured this out
skidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
skidog

I really wanted to delete my previous post but hovering over EDIT shows EDIT/DELETE MESSAGE but there is then no apparent way to actually delete it.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
skidog

What does REMOVE FROM CAROUSEL do?

I'm hoping that it just removes titles from the home page on my device, without affecting their availability on other shared devices. If this is correct, I've solved my problem, but I'm hesitant to remove them until someone confirms this for me.https://mobileread.cdn.speedyrails.n...t/thankyou.gif
Old 04-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF you hit Remove form Carousel that's what it does IT Does Not Remove From Device unless you tap on that in the Drop down menu.

To see ALL Downloaded ebooks & Those Not down loaded that you purchased from Amazon. Go to Books at the top > Above the carousel. Side loaded ebooks you remove will need to be Re- Side loaded thru your PC
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
skidog

Got it! Thank you for your help.
-Even-Less-Techy.