Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
fpicoral
fpicoral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation [HELP] Converted file does not exist

Hello!

I'm trying to convert a Kindle Book (from the PC Kindle) to PDF. I followed a lot of stepts, downloaded Kindle 1.17, removed DMR from the book and etc. I got to a point where I can read the book on Calibre, it works just fine. When converting, the proccess finishes without any errors and the last line of the log says "PDF output written to C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_in2g5 g\n15rob.pdf".

If I go to the folder "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_in2g 5g\" all what I can see is the log and 4 .pickle files with a 0KB size each.

What do I have to do to get my book on PDF?

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/aKphwBYw

Moderator Notice
<snip - link to copytright protected book removed >

EDIT: I'm converting with the GUI and I already checked the folder of my input.

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-27-2019 at 11:15 PM.
fpicoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Posting copyright protected content, or links thereto, is not allowed on this site - read the Pusting guideline #8 - link at bottom of most pages.

And read this sticky ==>> How to ask a question about conversion problems

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
select the book in calibre after conversion and press the O key the folder with the book will be opened.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpicoral View Post
What do I have to do to get my book on PDF?
After the conversion is completed, the pdf will be placed in the same folder in your calibre library as the original file. If you look at the Book Details pane, it should show pdf as an available format after the conversion.

As Kovid said, select the book and press O to open the containing folder or click on Click to Open on the Path: line in the Book Details pane or any of the other ways, to open the containing folder.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-28-2019 at 12:08 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, help calbire, pdf, pdf conversion