Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR

On einteresting thing is...once you've gotten used to it (which takes a couple of hours or a day or two at most in my estimation), you'll no longer "feel" any difference to reading a paper book...believe me...^^
I love that!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #17
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
So far I'm at page 1047 of 1869 pages of my first ebook on my err iLiad(s). I've had my units for so little time I haven't been able to finish even one book.

For me, the iLiad has been like a Fiat: Fix It Again Tony!
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #18
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdam
Another interesting aside - When I show the device to people - the hardest thing for them to overcome is the fact that the "screen" is different. It is hard to break away from what they know screens to be ("why isn't it backlit?", "when will it have colour and moving images?", "but I don't like reading on a screen" etc)
Intersting.

The people I show my iLiad to have the opposite reaction. Their reaction usually is "Wow! Look how clear that screen is!" and don't care that it's not backlit, etc.

I'm on my 10th book now (I usually read 2-3 at a time - various length books - swapping between them each chapter so that I don't get burned out on any one type of book).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Most of the people whom have asked about the iLiad come up to me and say "Is that a really old PDA? Its way too big to fit in your pocket!"
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #20
ozeast
ozeast began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Is that an Iliad in your pocket? Or are you just glad to see me?
ozeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #21
ozeast
ozeast began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
A quick thank you to the people who gave me useful feedback on Iliad R2.6.1.

After reading this forum and the iRex forum I agree it is currently suitable for "innovators" - read geeks - and "early adoptors". It certainly has the potential for further broader application.

I have been talking to people about the Iliad and I get a similar reaction. Have you seen my latest tablet/laptop its really light and great. Is that like the Sony DVD player? etc etc.

My feeling is that the Iliad is a bit like trying to describe a computer-mouse to someone. A picture is worth a thosand words. Having an Iliad in yours hands with show-and-tell is the best way to describe the product.

I look forward to the SDK and all sorts of applications. Gee maybe I can throw away my trusty Palm Vx soon - which has my phone numbers and diary in it? Welcome a Outlook synch program early in the Iliad open-source world.
ozeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:47 AM   #22
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
It's interesting to read where people would like the device to go - personally I do see using mine as an organiser replacement - that job goes to my phome or watch (blackberry and fossil watch pda respectively) ... although the watch is pretty geeky and a bit of a toy...

... a program to organise my notes would be great however...

I wander what the ordered features wishlist would be for members of this forum for the Iliad ... that'd be a good thread in itself ...
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #23
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdam
I wander what the ordered features wishlist would be for members of this forum for the Iliad ... that'd be a good thread in itself ...

Hehe, take a lok at the wishlist: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ILiad_Software_Wishlist
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #24
pdam
Groupie

Thanks Tribble, bookmarked and read with interest, I should have found that before now !-)
I'm surprised iRex aren't picking this up and polling users - who could vote in priority order (I realise, technology being what it is, this doesn't indicate the order of delivery, but it'd be interesting to see if there was real consensus amongst users about the most desired improvements ... Anyone at iRex care to comment?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

In my opinion, NO. I bought one for $700, used it for a month, was very careful, but one night, I set it on my nightstand (about 2 feed off the ground) it fell off onto the carpet and broke the screen. Was told by IRex that the repair bill would be $343. For that I could buy a Sony. Their testers did not make it rugged enough for rreal use. I think now I will wait for the Sony.
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #26
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
to be fare no one really knows how rugged the sony is yet
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #27
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
ouch, that hurts, royalkay. And i thought my 75€ reflash was bad.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #28
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hope it includes transport!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #29
pdam
Groupie

That's (as we say in the UK) pants - for someone who supports the product by buying it at a huge premium as a supporter and early adopter - this is not good PR for iRex.

As an example - I was an early adopter of the Psion 7 (which I still use!) and broke the screem connector through rough handling - When I reported it and asked for a qoute - a replacement code with some glue and instructions turned up in the post, no charge! OK - tht was unusual - but great PR ... and it made a really loyal user (more importantly an evangelist).

I dont see a problem with a charge for the service ... but a discount in return for useful info of the damage would be in Irex's interest right now ... and would have avoided any bad press ...