Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #2941
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2018-09-30
- Rename adapter_royalroadcom appropriately.
- Fix for royalroad.com warnings.
- Put SV(base_xenforo) prefix spans from title into 'genre', comment out some debugs.
- Fix for issues with single-chapter stories not getting correct chapter title after chapter meta refactor Jul 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggins41 View Post
Hey, Jimm- I've run into a minor annoyance lately. I was hoping you might be able to either point me in the direction of a setting I may need to change or fix it if there's a bug involved.
That would be a bug. In fact, to my chagrin, it's a bug I noticed a different expression of and didn't think about beyond "huh, that's weird".

So thanks for pointing that out.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #2942
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Is there any way to split the tags in sub-tags and meta-tags for AO3?

Like this: https://archiveofourown.org/tags/The...0Media%20Types
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #2943
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there any way to split the tags in sub-tags and meta-tags for AO3?

Like this: https://archiveofourown.org/tags/The...0Media%20Types
Isn't this basically the same issue we discussed last month?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #2944
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I just thought it would have been different with fandoms.

If I were to go to the trouble to try and sort some of this out, can I keep the original (as it is from the site) in a separate column instead of the replaced version?
Old 10-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #2945
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

You can make copies of different metadata entries and then manipulate the copies.

For example:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,myao3fandoms,myao3freeformtags
include_in_myao3fandoms:fandoms
include_in_myao3freeformtags:ao3freeformtags
When doing lots of metadata work, I suggest setting up the 'Saved Metadata Column' feature if you don't already use it.

Then you can do updates with 'Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column' without changing your ebook files or hitting the site again until you're happy with the output.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:25 AM   #2946
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You can make copies of different metadata entries and then manipulate the copies.

For example:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,myao3fandoms,myao3freeformtags
include_in_myao3fandoms:fandoms
include_in_myao3freeformtags:ao3freeformtags
When doing lots of metadata work, I suggest setting up the 'Saved Metadata Column' feature if you don't already use it.

Then you can do updates with 'Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column' without changing your ebook files or hitting the site again until you're happy with the output.
I already have the "Saved Metadata Column". I was wondering if there was a way in the PI to say if it has a certain fandom tag, it'll automatic add another tag to another column?

Like if the fandom is Lord of the Rings then in another column automatically add meta-tag, J.R.R. Tolkien?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #2947
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I already have the "Saved Metadata Column". I was wondering if there was a way in the PI to say if it has a certain fandom tag, it'll automatic add another tag to another column?

Like if the fandom is Lord of the Rings then in another column automatically add meta-tag, J.R.R. Tolkien?
You can, but it relies on using replace_metadata and therefore there has to be something in the entry to start with. Here's a minimalist example:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,addedauthor
include_in_addedauthor:title.NOREPL
add_to_replace_metadata:
 addedauthor=>^.*$=>J.R.R. Tolkien&&fandoms=>Lord of the Rings

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 addedauthor=>#acolumn
Old 10-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #2948
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, I'll have a look
Old 10-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #2949
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Lushstoris has a picture in many stories. Does the adapter pick this up and add it to the epub? And if so, what parameters do I need for this?

This Config dosn't work. I suppose I miss something. But what?
Quote:
[epub]
include_images:true
make_firstimage_cover:true
And is there in general the possibility to pack the first picture not as a cover, but as the first page before or after the summary in the epub?

Last edited by Tharos; 10-03-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #2950
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-10-03
- Add cover images for adapter_wwwlushstoriescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharos View Post
Lushstoris has a picture in many stories. Does the adapter pick this up and add it to the epub? And if so, what parameters do I need for this?
Images in story text are included by default. make_firstimage_cover is also true by default.

But I found one lushstories story with a cover after a half dozen clicks on 'Random Story'. We didn't have code to include that cover image--it's outside the story text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharos View Post
And is there in general the possibility to pack the first picture not as a cover, but as the first page before or after the summary in the epub?
... A cover that isn't a cover? No, we don't have any options for that.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:55 AM   #2951
Kern
Kern began at the beginning.

I made a request before for pixiv and deviantart support. What were your thoughts on it?
Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:34 AM   #2952
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it possible that FFF can work with the rules for filtering tags that's built-in in Calibre?

That would free up a lot of space in my PI.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:36 AM   #2953
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Quote:
New Test Version Posted

2018-10-03
- Add cover images for adapter_wwwlushstoriescom
Big Thank you
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #2954
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

(multi-reply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kern View Post
I made a request before for pixiv and deviantart support. What were your thoughts on it?
There are a number of sites that have been requested. They get added (or not), depending on whether a developer is interested in doing it.

Specifically, deviantart is not well suited to FFF's story paradigm--it's more of a blog site without any mechanism I see for grouping the chapters of a story together.

And pixiv is in Japanese. It's difficult to code for a language if you don't understand it.

The best way to get a site supported is to write the code for it yourself. It's an open source project, after all.

Quote:
Is it possible that FFF can work with the rules for filtering tags that's built-in in Calibre?

That would free up a lot of space in my PI.
Are you talking about the rules applied to tags during metadata download? Preferences > Metadata download > Create rules to filter/transform tags

I've never look at that feature before, but I can check into it. However, it looks like that has rules for Tags and Authors only. As I recall, you also use a number of custom columns...
Old 10-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #2955
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Are you talking about the rules applied to tags during metadata download? Preferences > Metadata download > Create rules to filter/transform tags

I've never look at that feature before, but I can check into it. However, it looks like that has rules for Tags and Authors only. As I recall, you also use a number of custom columns...
Yes that's it. I would love it to work with Custom columns as well, I don't know if that's possible but the tags are a great way to start. It would save me from trying to weed out all those run-on sentences.

Tags
fanfiction