Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
No .... heavens, no. You're nuts all on your own. It has nothing at all to do with your choice of career. Not at all .......
Actually, flying is just a hobby. I am a software developer by day.

Ut oh... now you know I'm crazy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
... It's not so much that we are nice, it's more that so many of us are clinically insane.
Just a small point of clarification...I've never been for any kind of psychological profiling at any "clinic", so the accuracy of the above statement should be considered as one of reasonable probability based on observation rather than a verified certainty. Ricky's a pretty good judge though (she is, after all, the resident "crazy cat lady", amongst other things, hey Ricky? ).

Also, G'day to all you new Kindle 2 folks and freaks (and also any of those retro Kindle 1 bods who've recently boarded this fine ship). Emergency exits are here, here, and here, and your hostess with the mostess will be along with the drinks trolley in a few minutes (try the Zany Carter Deluxe - it'll double helix your spine recombinate your mind).

Cheers,
Marc
PS. Don't feed the monkey
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi MrsRSR and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
BOb .... I've known you were crazy since the first day I "met" you. That's why I like you so much.

And .... ps .... I wish I could still fly. I got my ticket pulled on a medical many years ago ... seems they don't like pilots passing out from kidney stones or having strokes. It's so unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Just a small point of clarification...I've never been for any kind of psychological profiling at any "clinic", so the accuracy of the above statement should be considered as one of reasonable probability based on observation rather than a verified certainty. Ricky's a pretty good judge though (she is, after all, the resident "crazy cat lady", amongst other things, hey Ricky? ).
Good judge?? Hell, I can spot a fellow looney 1000 miles away on a foggy day!!

And keep in mind, people, I said "many" not "all." There are some sane people among us .... it's just that they are no fun at all. Their only potential use to the rest of us is as a food source should we ever crash in the Andes.

Which reminds me .... it's almost lunch and all I've had is Vicodin this morning.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #20
MrsRSR
Kindle2 Newbie
MrsRSR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
You guys are a WHOLE BUNCH of fun already, and I haven't even gotten a good start yet! I recognize the nutty-software-developer-thing (Hi PilotBob!) because I'm one of those too, and to the "Hitchhiker's Guide" quote -- I'm thinking of engraving "Don't Panic" on my new Kindle...

Thank you for the grins, welcomes, and advice. I'm having a BLAST here so far!!!

Dena
MrsRSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRSR View Post
I'm thinking of engraving "Don't Panic" on my new Kindle...

Dena
Don't forget your towel.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
I think if you close your eyes and wish really hard, you might be able to fly. You've worked magic on my ebook problems enough times to make a believer out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Also, G'day to all you new Kindle 2 folks and freaks (and also any of those retro Kindle 1 bods who've recently boarded this fine ship). Emergency exits are here, here, and here, and your hostess with the mostess will be along with the drinks trolley in a few minutes (try the Zany Carter Deluxe - it'll double helix your spine recombinate your mind).

Cheers,
Marc
PS. Don't feed the monkey
Honestly, folks, this is one of his more coherent utterances. They are always entertaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Don't forget your towel.
There's never a Planet Head around when you need one.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRSR View Post
You guys are a WHOLE BUNCH of fun already, and I haven't even gotten a good start yet! .....

Thank you for the grins, welcomes, and advice. I'm having a BLAST here so far!!!

Dena
We aim to please! Yeah, there's something about the very literate-ness of this bunch, along with the embedded politeness, that makes this a forum that most of us get addicted to! Enjoy your new Kindle.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote