Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
Oasis 1 randomly unresponsive

In the quest to get a better screen than the one I ordered previously I took delivery on a second refurbished Oasis 1 yesterday. The good news is the screen is better in many respects (topic for another thread) but in using it a little last night I found it would randomly freeze up on me with the touch screen being unresponsive.

This occurred right out of the box during setup and also occurred with the latest firmware installed.

I know things can get sluggish when tons of books are being downloaded but that wasn’t the case last night because I had only loaded a couple books to try out.

Not sure what to think. Not sure it will settle out but wondering if you folks had any ideas.

I’ve already fully reset the device once and maybe it’ll be fine today but I’m concerned and bummed too because I’d definitely rather have this screen rather than the one on my first unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
following up:
i'm sending it back, as much as the screen is superior to unit #1. this thing is acting possessed. just sitting there on its own on the table, it will start autohighlting pages of text at a time and be unresponsive for up to a minute of my attempts to regain control of it. not cool.

i talked to customer service and they are sending me a solo Oasis (no accessories) as a replacement. we'll see how this Russian Roulette turns out... i'm fearful i'll end up with another unit with a subpar screen, yet i'm learning a subpar screen is preferable to not properly functioning unit.
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote