Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
techdummy
techdummy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
text editing workaround for paperwhite

Sadly, I cannot jailbreak my kindle paperwhite as it is loaded with firmware 5.8.11. What I really want is a simple text editor. I want to be able to make small changes to my writing while I am reading it on my kindle. This would save a lot of time and energy for me. I could skip the step of making a note in my kindle and then latter searching through my notes. So, what I am trying to do is find an online text editor that will work in my kindles web browser. I have tried a few but for one reason or another they don't work for my purposes. I need to be able to load my manuscript into an online program from my pc or my phone, and then be able to open it in my kindles web browser. It would be nice if if I could pull up the virtual keyboard and hide it at will. It would be great if it was reflowable. My hope is for it to be just like reading any mobi or azw document except with the ability to edit at will. I know there are devices more suited for my needs. Alas I cannot afford them right now. Can anyone help?
techdummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online text editor, text editing, web browsing