Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #2431
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Luckily once jailbroken it's easy to get things going again after an update. Just reinstall the hacks. The Jailbreak survives, at least it has for some time.

Just drop all the hacks into MRR and bam, you're back up and running.

All that with the caveat that the jailbreak has so far survived, but KNC1 and NiLuje would better answer that part if things change
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #2432
lllusion
Enthusiast
lllusion began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Luckily once jailbroken it's easy to get things going again after an update. Just reinstall the hacks. The Jailbreak survives, at least it has for some time.

Just drop all the hacks into MRR and bam, you're back up and running.

All that with the caveat that the jailbreak has so far survived, but KNC1 and NiLuje would better answer that part if things change
Well the launcher app is gone. So it looks like I will have to try to fix it while it's connected to the computer... I'm sorry, MRR? Is there any link with a guide on what to do after an update? Apologies guys/gals, I'm so new to this stuff.
lllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #2433
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Launcher app? KUAL? that shouldn't disappear, it never has for me.

Have you installed this (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251143) Sorry I picked up MRR, not sure where. LOL.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #2434
lllusion
Enthusiast

Yeah.. I had KUAL and mrpackages and etc. This is a current screenshot when I plug it in:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

I checked again - no launcher in my kindle books anymore. That sucks!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-30-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #2435
thebrogan
thebrogan began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 G090KB
mrpi destroys packages

Thanks knc1. I got linkss from another site. Went to NiLuJe's and it worked first time.
thebrogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #2436
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllusion View Post
Yeah.. I had KUAL and mrpackages and etc. This is a current screenshot when I plug it in:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

I checked again - no launcher in my kindle books anymore. That sucks!
Are you using the 'document' or the 'booklet' version of KUAL?
If using the 'document' version, it should be in /documents (which you do not show).

If that has disappeared from /documents during an update -
If you live in the USA -
Then you have caught Amazon committing a felony - notify Home Land Security and report their messing with your personal information and documents on your Kindle computer.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-30-2017 at 05:47 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #2437
lllusion
Enthusiast

Looks like it was booklet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-cap.png
Views:	140
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	155876

So what should I do? Just delete everything and start from scratch?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-29-2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Image thumbnailed to comply with size restrictions
Old 03-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #2438
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No.

That looks like a view of the files on your PC, not on the Kindle.

Put:
KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 in the /documents directory of the Kindle.
That would be found at the topmost visible level of USB storage.

NOT in a /documents directory on the PC - (yes, some people have tried that )
Old 03-29-2017, 04:31 PM   #2439
lllusion
Enthusiast

I was just showing that it was indeed booklet is all. And that's pretty funny. If I was that bad then everyone offering advice would need to be paid an hourly rate.

Well anyway, I already had that file in /documents on my kindle but I moved it in there again and replaced it. No discernible difference. Just let me know at any point if I should google a guide and start over, but it sure would be nice to revive the working launcher and all without going back to square one.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #2440
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllusion View Post
I was just showing that it was indeed booklet is all. And that's pretty funny. If I was that bad then everyone offering advice would need to be paid an hourly rate.

Well anyway, I already had that file in /documents on my kindle but I moved it in there again and replaced it. No discernible difference. Just let me know at any point if I should google a guide and start over, but it sure would be nice to revive the working launcher and all without going back to square one.
In that case, you are using the "Document" version of KUAL, not the "Booklet" version.

Change the display filter to include all active documents.

Terms depend on firmware version, but most recently in the upper left of the home screen. What is the firmware version?

Do not start over, you can only make things worse.
Keep your finger away from the "Reset" button!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #2441
Gryzor
Enthusiast
Gryzor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hello guys!

I'm having some issues with this hack. I love its functionality to the point that I removed my magnetic cover because I want to be able to see the book covers!

However, it seems that for some reason it stops working after a while. There's nothing I can do to make it start working again - I have to completely uninstall it and then reinstall it to get going... I un/reinstalled again two or three days ago; finished the book I was reading, started a new one and -hey, default screensaver!

Any ideas what might cause that?

Thanks!
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #2442
knc1
Going Viral

Have you tried the troubleshooting directions in the first post and/or included in the release archive?

Are you using the build from NiLuJe's snapshot thread?
Same "where did you get it" question about python.

Is the date / time set correctly?

What firmware version is it running now and where in the course of your story did it update?

How many books on the device?
Their type (you can usually tell by the extension).

Do the books even have a cover?
Old 04-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #2443
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply!

-yes, I've followed the instructions to a t
-not sure now, had downloaded them a while ago; IIRC linkss has a release date of AUgust 2016, but will try redownloading them (I suppose you mean https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004 ? ) and trying again just to make sure.
-I don't have my KV with me, but it's the latest FW. If you mean when I updated the FW, it was long before my current stories.
-a few dozens (keeping it a bit clean)
-will have to check, some are downloaded from Amazon, some are sent to it through email (.mobi to begin with, a couple of pdf's with 'convert in the subject), some converted through Calibre, but I'll get back to you.
-Yes, of course
Old 04-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #2444
knc1
Going Viral

Hey, it has happened, people trying to display a book cover that wasn't there.

No, I mean:
Just below last (top) blue bar of the index page:
Set the "Prefix" drop down box to "Tools" -
Click "Show Threads"
And there find the thread of NiLuJe's snapshots.

As in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Check in the "Device Info" panel.
Usually:
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu
For the current firmware installed.

It did not ship with 5.8.8 (nothing does, yet) but it is probably running 5.8.8 now. And the update was probably within the last few weeks.
(rant)Isn't it nice how the owner of the device does not own its behavior?(/rant)

If it has updated at any time, you have to re-install any add-in that seems broke.
Which includes ss and python.
MrPI can do a "batch install" just put ever update_*.bin packages that needs to be re-installed in /mrpackages and trigger MrPI once.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #2445
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Yeah, you're right, similar to "is it turned on?"

Ok, my zips are: kindle-linkss-0.24.N.zip and kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3.zip. Redownloading as I'm typing this. KUAL 20160721.

Current book is a kfx file - from Amazon, so it does have a cover for certain

5.8.8, when it came out (a couple of months back? I forget), definitely reinstalled hacks a couple of times after that...

Last edited by Gryzor; 04-03-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch