Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #331
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
Sorry to sound like a Nimrod but what is the main purpose of the jailbreak. Just wondering if it will beneft me. Thank you much.
It mean you can run non-Amazon applications, with a major one being KUAL, which allows you to in turn run various extensions.

The one that I'm really keen on is LibrarianSync, which takes a file created by a Calibre extension and creates Kindle Collections on the Kindle from the information in it. I've configured it to use Series information, so I now have Collections of my books series, although I could have gone with Authors (or almost anything else), as coming to Kindle from a Sony, I did miss the library organisation options that my 505 had, back in the day!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #332
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
It mean you can run non-Amazon applications, with a major one being KUAL, which allows you to in turn run various extensions.

The one that I'm really keen on is LibrarianSync, which takes a file created by a Calibre extension and creates Kindle Collections on the Kindle from the information in it. I've configured it to use Series information, so I now have Collections of my books series, although I could have gone with Authors (or almost anything else), as coming to Kindle from a Sony, I did miss the library organisation options that my 505 had, back in the day!
Thank you for the reply. I just use my Kindle and Nook for reading only. I use my tablet for the rest so guess I am good as is. Again thanks for the reply.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #333
Blerpu
Blerpu began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
I don't know if this is an appropriate question for this thread, seeing as my kindle is already jailbroken, but could I possibly use the factory bin file (KT2) to downgrade my kindle without the need to flash the kindle firmware while also preserving the jailbreak?

Last edited by Blerpu; 07-09-2016 at 06:40 PM. Reason: grammar & readability
Blerpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #334
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerpu View Post
I don't know if this is an appropriate question for this thread, seeing as my kindle is already jailbroken, but could I possibly use the factory bin file (KT2) to downgrade my kindle without the need to flash the kindle firmware while also preserving the jailbreak?
That process has nothing to do with this one.

Down grade away,
just to be safe run the new jb,
just to be safe run the new hotfix.
Those two requests are really not that much work, and it is sure to be safe that way.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #335
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Sure knc1, I will try whatever you need.

Thank you Cinisajoy for the links.

However, I cannot figure out how to use the Kindle Menu without KUAL. I'm must be missing something somewhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #336
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeceo43 View Post

However, I cannot figure out how to use the Kindle Menu without KUAL. I'm must be missing something somewhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
You are welcome and I leave you in knc1's capable hands.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #337
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeceo43 View Post

Thank you.
The "Kindle Menu" is an alternative to KUAL.

but I see now that she ships it with the 'finger slide on top bar' access disabled, and as-shipped, you need KUAL to activate the option (not needed to use the menu once set).

My only excuse is that it was nearly three years ago.

- - - -

We have a lot of people here that can modify existing shell scripts.
Here is where to find the pieces -

First, follow her directions for installation.
She uses the same format control files that KUAL does (by design).
Follow the directory tree just installed, find the script that enables the 'top bar finger slide' option.

Make notes.
Take big breath and go down the path of finding how that will be called without KUAL working . . . .

Instead of using KUAL, steal the ;log search bar command to run her option control script.

Go to this post to see how to install a script that gets run by the search bar ;log command:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=18

The name of the script run by entering ;log is fixed by the internal, Amazon firmware, you can't change the name.
But you can write a script of that name which will simply 'exec' her option script.

Once someone creates that little bit of 'glue code', all that has to happen is those for command line commands to install it.

Which means either you have to install USBnetworking to get to the command shell -
or
Someone has to re-package her menu archive, the 'glue code', and a script to do the installation as an update_*.bin package.

KindleTool in NiLuJe's snapshots thread is the utility that handles creation of the update_*.bin packages (we use the same format for the packages that Amazon does).

This is all basic "Kindle Hacking 101" - all well documented here.
Plus there are people who can help you, even people who could do it in their sleep.
(I can't, I haven't slept for a week.)

Start a thread for the purpose, with a link to this post, ask for any help you need in that thread.
Somebody will help you - because having a 'menu launcher' is critical to all of the things this site provides.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:01 PM   #338
Armstrong
Armstrong began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
Happy to post PW3 with ads was 5.7.2 downgraded (in this case upgraded) to factory image 5.7.4 and jb without any problems! thanks guys! great work keep it up! Now I will find things to do on jb'ed device!
Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #339
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
Happy to post PW3 with ads was 5.7.2 downgraded (in this case upgraded) to factory image 5.7.4 and jb without any problems! thanks guys! great work keep it up! Now I will find things to do on jb'ed device!
Super! (en_IBM)

First report, thanks.

We don't want to take down those old firmware versions until we hear from other users of the pw3-5.7.4 version.

It is also a matter of importance because we have plans to change our distribution network.
And it is always nice to know which files to distribute.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #340
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Downloaded 5.7.4.. but md5 not matching..
Will try again..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:59 AM   #341
eyoyoe
eyoyoe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage 3g
@knc1 Thanks knc1 , for all your great work.
with the new hotfix bin,my kv 3g japan have jailbreaked,but still have some problems. kpvbooklet、kindle-linkss、kindle-python、kindle-linkfonts..can't install.view mrinstaller.log ,it shows:
"Beginning the processing of package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.3_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.3 I) . . .

Package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.3_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.3 I) is not targeting your device [2A vs. 11 0F 10 24 ,,,,,], skipping . . .

[2016-07-09 @ 15:19:36 +0800] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bin' (linkss 0.24.N I WARIO) . . .

Package 'Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bin' (linkss 0.24.N I WARIO) is not targeting your device [22A vs. 11 0F 10 24 ,,,,,], skipping . . .

[2016-07-09 @ 15:23:28 +0800] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bin' (python 0.14.N I WARIO) . . .

Package 'Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bin' (python 0.14.N I WARIO) is not targeting your device [2A vs. 11 0F 10 24 ,,,,,], skipping . . .

[2016-07-09 @ 15:26:13 +0800] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_linkfonts_0.13.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bi n' (linkfonts 0.13.N I WARIO) . . .

Package 'Update_linkfonts_0.13.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.bi n' (linkfonts 0.13.N I WARIO) is not targeting your device [2A vs. 11 0F 10 24 ,,,,,], skipping . . .

Last edited by eyoyoe; 07-10-2016 at 01:04 AM.
eyoyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:08 AM   #342
Don999
Don999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3
The paperwhite3(G090G1) can't downgrade to 5.6.1.1 which was buy recently.But the oldest one successed.what's the reason.Can't the pw3 have 5.7.4 from born jailbreak ?
Don999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:14 AM   #343
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Downloaded 5.7.4.. but md5 not matching..
Will try again..
tell us from which domain if it fails again.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:32 AM   #344
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don999 View Post
The paperwhite3(G090G1) can't downgrade to 5.6.1.1 which was buy recently.But the oldest one successed.what's the reason.Can't the pw3 have 5.7.4 from born jailbreak ?
Are both same model? (G0 90G1)?
Old 07-10-2016, 03:49 AM   #345
Don999
Don999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Are both same model? (G0 90G1)?
Yes.The same model.Just different date of Purchase.The new date one failed,it notice:"Your device need repire".The same method,same files,same model,but different result.What't the reason? Thanks for your considering sincerely.
Don999 is offline   Reply With Quote