Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #256
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrood View Post
Hi,
I'm running Calibre 2.53 with the Bol 3.8.4 plugin and get the following error:

When I paste the url in my browser it works oke.

py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\browser.py", line 25, in https_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError:

Any idea what's wrong?
As you can see it is the same error that is mentioned before by Janvm.
This is not related to the plugin . It has to do with valid certificates , which seems missing on your computer. Do not know what operating system you use ( osX, windows or Linux)?
Like I said before, I am not familiar with this kind of error, maybe this quote gives you a lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
SSL problems are generally not the plugins fault. On windows they tend to be issues with the OS cert base.

Take a look at the solution from this earlier report of a similar problem.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 03-25-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 AM   #257
janvm
janvm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
mine is windows 8.1
I made sure that ALL (optional) updates are installed, that didn't solve the SSL-verification-failed troubles.

Started certlm.msc from the command line
Cleared the profile (certlm.msc|opties|Bestanden verwijderen), and now the plugin returns info from the BOL-plugin.

I'm cluesless what caused the error to be honest, anyway, it works, yeah :-)
janvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:45 PM   #258
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Pr.BarnArt can i search with the bol plugin only (title or isbn) for ebooks?
Now i get only de paperback information and the most books who are now on the internet are ebooks.

Pr.BarnArt kan ik met de bol plugin ook alleen naar ebooks zoeken? Nu krijg ik boekinformatie van paperback boeken die in winkels liggen en niet van ebooks.
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:16 PM   #259
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
Pr.BarnArt can i search with the bol plugin only (title or isbn) for ebooks?
Now i get only de paperback information and the most books who are now on the internet are ebooks.

Pr.BarnArt kan ik met de bol plugin ook alleen naar ebooks zoeken? Nu krijg ik boekinformatie van paperback boeken die in winkels liggen en niet van ebooks.
Is possible, but is the goal to look for ebooks only or just give priority to ebooks?
Search with ISBN will always return the right version.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #260
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Bol is not so specific anymore. Sometimes there is no date by the book. I always look by Bol and i take the 10 digit isbn over in Calibre en then i let search. Sometimes it is easier when you get automatic the 10 digit isbn for the ebook when you search with Calibre.
When you have only the title of the book and you search you get maybey 2 or more answers, but wich of them is the ebook version?
Old 04-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #261
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

I made an udate with the option to search for ebook-editions, default is unchecked. You can set it in the configuration section of the plugin.

After installing the plugin a restart of calibre maybe necessary to show the search for ebook option.

Bij selecting the option, the plugin will append the search string of title and authorname with 'ebook'. Results with ebook will be found first.
Search on ISBN base is not affected.

The new version 3.8.5 is available at the start of this thread.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 04-03-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #262
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Thanks Pr.Barnart !!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #263
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Bol cant find any book anymore without isbn number. Like María Dueñas with Het geluk van een wijngaard or Frank van Zwol with Klem

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Frank van Zwol'], u'identifiers': {}, u'title': u'Klem', u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: BOL_NL, ISBNDB
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** ISBNDB ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from ISBNDB took 1.67499995232
Failed to make query to ISBNDb, aborting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\isbndb.py ", line 106, in identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\isbndb.py ", line 215, in make_query
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\isbndb.py ", line 153, in parse_feed
ValueError: ISBNDb query failed:

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 4.47300004959
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
No matches found with query: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Klem+Frank+Zwol+ebook/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 4.82 seconds
The longest time (4.473000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Old 05-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #264
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
Bol cant find any book anymore without isbn number. Like María Dueñas with Het geluk van een wijngaard or Frank van Zwol with Klem
Hi,
It is related to the ebook-option.
I am working on it and publish a new release asap..
Old 05-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #265
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

It took more time than I thought.
It seems that there are errors in html-code of the resultpage ,when searching for title+authors+ebook.
The solution was to change the method to select only ebooks.
The option is changed to "search for ebooks only" in case the search is not ISBN-based.

Update 3.8.6 available at the start of this thread.

Have fun.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 05-16-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #266
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Thank You !!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #267
AAS
AAS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prsT1
Nothing can be found anymore with the new BOL_NL 3.8.6 plugin.
AAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #268
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAS View Post
Nothing can be found anymore with the new BOL_NL 3.8.6 plugin.
That is not much. , but as far as I can test it works as usual.

Which os do you use, and can you pls give an example ( book,author or ISBN)
Old 05-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #269
Wipneus
Connoisseur

No problems here
Old 05-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #270
AAS
AAS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prsT1
When i looked into the log file i saw the results for BOL-NL but that was not visible in the window.
After i've started "plug-in aanpassen" the results became visible.
Very strange.
AAS is offline   Reply With Quote