Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 03:26 AM   #1
bjhowes
bjhowes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Question cable issue? reader doesn't recognize when plugged into computer

When I plug my Kobo Glo reader into my pc, the menu with options to manage library/files or keep reading doesn't come up. I've tried unplugging and replugging, resetting... Once before I remember, when the wifi wouldn't work for months on end, the trick was to make sure it was the exact cable that came originally with the Kobo reader, not another micro USB cable. Wifi is now working, but that won't help me with transferring ADE controlled files from the library, as far as I know, I still have to manually plug into my PC for that. I thought I was using the right cable this time but it looks like I'll have to go hunting. Any suggestions? Thx for anything!
bjhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I use third-party cables just fine, even very cheap ones, but it's entirely possible that yours has failed. Try a different one, any different one so long as it's a data cable (not just charging).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Like meera, I don't use the Kobo supplied cable. In fact, I think the cable that came with the Glo HD is still in the box.

The usual suggestions for this sort of problem are:
- Try a different cable or USB port
- Try another computer
- Restart the device
- Restart the computer
- Check if the charging LED comes on.
- Check if the device shows it is charging
- Use it as an excuse to buy a Glo HD (my favourite "fix")
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo