Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #226
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
:applauds: Just finished reading the thread
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #227
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
It's a disappointing thread, actually. It's desperately in need of new Vera stories to keep it alive. She's a liquid character (e-ink is kinda that way) and difficult to pin down. And we need your help to get it done! (Uncle Sam pointing at you)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #228
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well what are you waiting for, vr ??? i'm still on the edge of my seat from last episode !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #229
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well what are you waiting for, vr ??? i'm still on the edge of my seat from last episode !!
You should have been a cheerleader, Zee (were you?). Let me just say that it takes hours for me come up with even a few sentences. Patience, little one. Of course, it would help a bit if OTHERS WHO ARE EQUALLY OR PROBABLY EVEN MUCH MORE CAPABLE OF WRITING WOULD HELP BY CRAFTING AND ENLIGHTENING US WITH THEIR OWN VERA STORIES. I'm VR and I approve this message.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #230
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
What the *beep* is a Vera story?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #231
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Unfortunately, Slite, I can only answer that by suggesting that you read the thread from the beginning. Sorry.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #232
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Unfortunately, Slite, I can only answer that by suggesting that you read the thread from the beginning. Sorry.
Ah... I see, very enlightning thread

And may i point out that it could be called an e-lector (from the latin word for reader) or maybe an i-lector to "Appleify" it

Last edited by Slite; 11-05-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #233
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You should have been a cheerleader, Zee (were you?).
god no. you're joking, right ? i'm far too punkrock for anything like that. i'm just enthusiastic about things deserving of my enthusiasm. like The Ongoing Saga of Vera.
Quote:
Let me just say that it takes hours for me come up with even a few sentences. Patience, little one. Of course, it would help a bit if OTHERS WHO ARE EQUALLY OR PROBABLY EVEN MUCH MORE CAPABLE OF WRITING WOULD HELP BY CRAFTING AND ENLIGHTENING US WITH THEIR OWN VERA STORIES. I'm VR and I approve this message.
well i for one appreciate your efforts !! immensely !!! but you're right, i'd love to hear some continuations of the other stories as well. let's hope this thread will pick up if we keep it going !! (and perhaps we could nudge the other, ah, original contributors a bit...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
What the *beep* is a Vera story?
Quote:
"unfortunately" ??? i would say "luckily for you" !! i envy anyone who is discovering this thread for the first time and has the joy of reading the entire thing ahead of them. the only thing better than that, would be participating in it from the beginning.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #234
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I'm VR and I approve this message.
You do realise that, if you say that aloud and slightly slur it as you do, you're saying that you're Vera...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #235
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You do realise that, if you say that aloud and slightly slur it as you do, you're saying that you're Vera...

it all becomes clear !!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #236
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
And may i point out that it could be called an e-lector (from the latin word for reader) or maybe an i-lector to "Appleify" it
Actually, I rather like something incorporating "lector." (Though I'm still rather favoring "liseuse." )
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #237
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Actually, I rather like something incorporating "lector." (Though I'm still rather favoring "liseuse." )
Actually, liseuse is quite nice, it would go over well in germany and sweden as well, in german it's lieser (If I remember my school-german correctly) and in sweish it's a läsare Dunno what the spanish/portugise words for it are though.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #238
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Veralector? Okay, forget that one.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #239
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Veralector? Okay, forget that one.
Vera married Hannibal???? What was the wedding banquet? (Why is a scene from The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover going through my mind?)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #240
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Vera married Hannibal???? What was the wedding banquet? (Why is a scene from The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover going through my mind?)

:groansaudibly:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera