Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #16
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you're set against using calibre's standard metadata editor for some reason, there's nothing to stop you editing metadata directly. It's all there in the .opf file, so just double-click on it in the Editor and edit away to your heart's content. It won't update your calibre library metadata for that book, of course, just the epub's metadata.
I know that. Actually most of the metadata is integrated in my raw epub generated by Notetab.

I'm not set against Calibre's standard editor as such, but I'm set against it inserting metadata without my consent. And I'm set against the apparent need for renaming and moving my files to edit the metadata, which is why I would like it to be integrated in the standalone editor.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no interest in implementing a standalone metadata editor for Edit Book. If you do, patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
I can think of two functions I'd like to see:

The ability to add symbols, e.g. em dashes, special accented characters, etc.

A code snippet function for code that is used frequently or some way to save different codes other than the clipboard.

It's a WONDERFUL addition to Calibre! With these two functions, I can avoid Sigil (which keeps crashing on me).

Thanks!
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote