Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
GoodReads decimal ratings

I would like to download Goodreads ratings as a decimal (i.e. 4.25) instead of as stars. When I posted about this, theducks kindly provided this answer:

Quote: "The ratings column (and column type) is stars (the underlying value is 0-6. integer)

You could create a custom column (eg GR rate) of Numeric type, but then you will need to figure out (I don't use the GR PI) how to map the rating to the new column" End Quote

I searched the forums for a way to do this and found this thread relating to the Goodreads metadata plugin:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=Goodreads

I have ratings coming in only from Goodreads, and can create a column called GR Ratings. Back in 2011, kiwidude wasn't optimistic that it was possible to map the decimal ratings to this column, however. Is this still true?

Thanks for your help!
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Maybe there would be a two step solution:
1. change the goodreads-plugin to set the decimal note as text , after the publisher's name and a seperator (@) in the publisher field.
2. make a function to split the decimal note and put it in a seperate text-field.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
Thanks, Pr.BarnArt! I have no idea what you just said, but I thank you for saying it!
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Thanks, Pr.BarnArt! I have no idea what you just said, but I thank you for saying it!
Sorry ,I thought it would be clear for you and /or others.
So just one more try.

When you use a metadata source plugin you can only put get an integer(not a decimal) value for the rating field.
In stead of using the rating field, I suggest to use the publisher-field to fill with the publishers name, followed by a seperator and then followed by the decimal rating. It is possible because the publisherfield is a text field.
To realize this you have to make a simple change to the goodread metadatasource plugin.

The result is that, with this plugin, you get the decimal rating in the publisherfield of your book (after the name of the publisher).

The second step would be: to make a function within calibre, which looks for the separator in the publisher field en then split the text in the name and the rating.
Then convert the rating (in text) to a decimal value, which can be placed in the rating collumn you mentioned .

Hope you understand, I did my best
Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
iatowk
iatowk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Sorry ,I thought it would be clear for you and /or others.

To realize this you have to make a simple change to the goodread metadatasource plugin.

The result is that, with this plugin, you get the decimal rating in the publisherfield of your book (after the name of the publisher).

The second step would be: to make a function within calibre, which looks for the separator in the publisher field en then split the text in the name and the rating.
Then convert the rating (in text) to a decimal value, which can be placed in the rating collumn you mentioned .

Hope you understand, I did my best
How can I do that change?
iatowk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

I made a demo of my idea.

see the thread goodreads_rating https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223688