Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Question Pandital 6" eink touch ereader. Please settle dispute!

A techie friend whose expertise is in computers, especially old ones, recently won a Pandigital Novel (described in title). He'd described it to me on the phone as "some cheap Chinese thing not worth bothering with". Naturally, I was quite excited by the prospect of seeing it and examining exactly what he'd got (sorry if that sounds rude).

On thursday, his girlfriend and myself did a "ladies what lunch" and I had my hair restyled ready for nano (can't manage my long hair AND write a novel) and we dropped in to see Nigel. I was amazed at how nice the supposed cheapy ereader was. I think he's become fond of it as he told me off for prodding it too hard (not used to touch screens). We then began a heated discussion as to whether it was a capacitive screen (I think that's the type which used to blur the fonts) or a pearl screen. He wouldn't believe me when I told him about the infra-red sensors at the sides etc. I've referred him to this forum, but I doubt that he'll even lurk (typical stubborn male sorry to all other males).

Please excuse all the parenthesis. I would be grateful for information about this ereader; is it current? Pearl? and any other information you can offer.

As I don't currently have labyrinthitis, I can use this emoticon:
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The screen on that ereader was developed by Sipix, not E-ink. While the tech has some similarities that is a Sipix screen.

And yes, it does have a capacitive touchscreen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks for the information, Nate. I watched some youtube vids about the Pandigital which mentioned the Sipix screen and that is why the font etc looks faded in comparison to eink. I won't tell Nigel that part because he's now pleased with his ereader and I don't want to burst his bubble. Thanks for the info about the capacitive screen, he'll be pleased about that as I think that's what screens on Ipad have.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pandigital novel