Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/PW/KV
Hide dictionaries from home screen

Like the title said, I'm wondering if there is anyway to hide the dictionary collection from home screen in paperwhite. With the ads in place, I need every single space I could get.
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow View Post
Like the title said, I'm wondering if there is anyway to hide the dictionary collection from home screen in paperwhite. With the ads in place, I need every single space I could get.
On the Touch I put them in a Collection named Kindle Stuff along with the User Guide. I haven't tried that on the PW yet, but it might work.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
On the Touch I put them in a Collection named Kindle Stuff along with the User Guide. I haven't tried that on the PW yet, but it might work.
It is by itself in a collection, but I do wanted to hide the whole collection. I saw in the screenshot of "Kindle Collection Manager" over the developer sub-forum that it had a toggle for "home visibility" which make me think is possible.

I would love to use the program but it seem a bit complicated (installing this and that) and I have questions whether it'll work on paperwhite or not, so I'll wait it out. Until then, I'm looking for a easier alternative (if I can).
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just create enough other collections to populate page 1 of the home screen and you won't see it.

My Dictionary Collection is on page 2 of the Home screen which I rarely visit.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
morrow
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Just create enough other collections to populate page 1 of the home screen and you won't see it.

My Dictionary Collection is on page 2 of the Home screen which I rarely visit.
This is actually one of the reason I wanted to hide it, for example, lets say the page holds 10 books (like k3), I would have ten books and the dictionary would be pushed to 2nd page. This I do not like. I do not hold many books in my Kindle (too much distraction), and like to keep the pages small.

It's minor, I agree, but if I can, I would wanted to hide it and make room for the books I'm actually going to read.
Advert